A weird one-how do you address your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkSwoon

Reaction score
Evening everyone, hope you're all well :)

Just a quick question really what's just popped into my head, how do you address your business on social media/your website etc?
If you're a one man band do you address your business as 'me' or 'us?

For example, a sole trader updating their Facebook page stating 'We're pleased to announce we now offer xyz treatment.' rather than 'I'm pleased to announce I now offer xyz'?

Sorry if that doesn't make any sense but hopefully someone will reply haha :)

TIA x

Hi out of preference I tend to put 'I' or 'I am', I'm not fond of when people use 'we' when they are clearly just one person, just my opinion though :)

I use 'we' even though I would rather use 'I'. The reason I use 'we' is I had some unpleasant messages last year and the person involved was picking on lone female business owners. I just don't like to highlight the fact that I'm alone even though a small amount of digging would probably ascertain this anyway.

I personally use the terms "I" or "I am". Again I'm not particularly fond of those who use "we" when are obviously are single person. Just my opinion though. :)

Evening everyone, hope you're all well :)

Just a quick question really what's just popped into my head, how do you address your business on social media/your website etc?
If you're a one man band do you address your business as 'me' or 'us?

For example, a sole trader updating their Facebook page stating 'We're pleased to announce we now offer xyz treatment.' rather than 'I'm pleased to announce I now offer xyz'?

Sorry if that doesn't make any sense but hopefully someone will reply haha :)

TIA x

I have been troubled thinking exactly the same thing lately!

Think I'm going with "we" even though it's just little old me! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I use 'we' even though I would rather use 'I'. The reason I use 'we' is I had some unpleasant messages last year and the person involved was picking on lone female business owners. I just don't like to highlight the fact that I'm alone even though a small amount of digging would probably ascertain this anyway.

This is what I thought...much safer even if it is a little fib...:)

I use we most of the time. WE feel (lol) it is what customers have learned to expect in the way businesses communicate with them.

A more professional feel to the business, rather than a fib.

I use "we" I'm a sole trader but haves team working with me so I think we deserve a "we" lol

I tend to use "I" as I think "we" is strange as a sole trader too. As a client I'd wonder who the others were!! On Facebook I tend to say "TipToe Nails is pleased to announce" rather than "I".

Xxx

I would say we myself. A royal we if you like :) But mainly because even if I am the only person working in the salon I like to think that the suppliers and people who help me along the way count too :)

I started using "we" as i thought it sounded more professional, but then changed it to "I" and "Me" as i am a one man band and it made sense.

Also my business and the hair salon I work from are very friendly and comfortable and i think using "I" represents this.

As i said, i work from a hair salon so being a target for weirdo's looking for a lone woman isn't a concern for me xx

Latest posts

Back