About to give up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was the same last year honey! I had only a few clients and felt like I was never going to get any more! Christmad was busy and I expected to be really quiet after then!! But I can honestly say since then I haven't stopped! I'm mobile so I know how you feel but it only takes a few new clients and you'll be on your way! Don't give up!!!! Xx

angela jane, good luck and ill keep my fingers crossed for u! don't forget if you find great ways of bringing in clients don't forget to share them!!

i love this site for this reason, that we can help and inspire each other.....i have felt low at times(i just haven't written it on here!and i think you are brave for doing so!)

the way i look at it, i was made redundant 3 times in 6 years! and never knew it was coming until it was too late, i kept finding myself looking for a job where i was either too old, not experienced enough etc etc.......now i am in charge of my own destiny and can take it wherever i want to! that is the beauty of working for yourself (no pun intended lol)

I am about rock bottom now, I have only three clients since starting (two months ago) and one of them is allergic to the acrylics that i use and i met the other one today who told me that due to work (her hands are in chemicals all day) she is only going to have her nails done on special occasions, so now i am left with one and i have covered miles of streets delivering leaflets and no one is coming forward for appointments. I am so disheartened as i am sooo passionate about doing nails. :sad::sad:

Awww :hug::hug::hug::hug:

I feel for you.

Do you do your own nails? You are then your own best advert. Carry business cards with you all the time and if anyone admires them you can be there at the ready with a card!

Have you tried Facebook? I don't use it personally but apparently it can be successful

My business took about 4 months to take off and then it wasn't THAT busy but at least I had some regulars.

Did you know if you work from home you can have a freebie lineage ad in both Yellow Pages (that includes Yell.com) and Thomson Directories

Sometimes people keep leaflets for weeks/months so don't lose heart there either.

You could try offering a discount to both parties for the introduction of another person . . . one lady of mine introduced 4 in a fortnight in order to claim a freebie lol, people do love something for nothing!

Good luck with your business and don't lose your passion for nails! xx

I offered my own groupon like special got tons of repeat clients.
I believe it was *spa escape by Kate* $100

° spa manicure
° express pedicure (shape/exfoliate/polish/lotion)
° express facial (cleanse/exfoliats/moisturize/masque)
° 1/2 hour massage

I have since left the salon and the industry for a different career (I am a nurse for a dementia care home now.) This spa offer built my clients in a month.

Latest posts

Back