Acceptable to work from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan&Wax

Reaction score
Hi there

Just wanted a bit of feedback really as I am not sure what I think..

I do mobile tanning and now waxing, recently qualified with Andy to do male waxing and going on a course with kim to do female intimate.

The realy issue I have is where to carry it out. I don't mind doing mobile but its a bit of a faff - I've got all the kit - a mobile couch etc and all my perron rigot wax kit.

I've had a look at renting rooms but most rooms are up for full time and quite honestly I cant really afford it. I've spent about 2k on training and brought the best kit I can and also I don't want the room just sitting there while I build up my clientel.

My hubby has suggested I work from home. I have 3 children and I would not work while they were around so that restricts me to working from about 7pm or at weekends. The room I have is private and cant be reached by the kids. To be honest they are all very young and cant even manage to open their bedroom door as its a bit stiff. Also the safety factor, my hubby doesnt like the idea of me doing male waxing mobile. Im going to see if I can attach a few pics of my therapy room to see if it looks suitable. Im just a bit nervous about it all really. Do people think you are professional if you work from home or is the perception that you area trying to cut corners?

i cant attach my pics they are too big, will try and find another way,,

Caroline xxx

Hi

I am just changing from mobile to working from home. If you have the opportunity to do that then I would, you'll have no overheads. I found with the mobile that carrying everything about especially that ton of a bed my back would be killling me y the end of the day.
Also a few times I have turned up and no one has been there or they have forgotten so at least from home that wont happen. Well it might but it means I wont of lugged half my stuff to the door to find out they are not in :mad:

I think it would be a good idea the evening and weekends anyway cos a lot of people who work would be able to have tanning done then

Good luck with it all and I think its a great idea

Latest posts

Back