Accepted to college

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi Smith

Reaction score
Sorry had to share im qualified in nails, waxing, tinting, lash fx individual eyelash extensions & SiennaX spray tans, but i applied to college to do level 2 course to progress onto level 3 to cover extra treatments i dont have & also so in the future i can take on apprenticeships when my girls are older, today i got the news ive been accepted & go for an introduction 12th April [emoji38][emoji7] super happy! Not sure if i can get funding for a level 2 course if anyone has any advice i would be super grateful (i get working tax, also disabled if this makes a difference) its my first level 2 course but im super excited its only 1 evening a week but love learning about beauty & enjoyed all my courses so im buzzing!!! Sorry had to share now to get business booming so when i have new treatments i can do i have models & a ready built client base happy Saturday everyone [emoji8]

Great! ... you will find the treatments are very different to cpd courses.. you should get college bursary for level 2 and 3. and government funding for level 2.
Level 3 you can get 24+ learner loan from government.
Have a chat with the college learner services or student services, even before you start your course they will have all the information you need or at least where to get it.
Stick with it.. good luck! have a great weekend.:D

Last edited:
Thank you been feeling a bit low lately with business being slow doing a 6 week course that started last may then xmas they closed no qualifications so had to re do another course this gave me a nice little boost and flipped me back to positive mood ill ring the college Monday & see thank you

Good luck with your course and I hope you really enjoy it.

Thank you im looking forward to it want to loose some more weight before starting but nice me time not mummy!

I went back to college to do level 3 this year (20 years after doing level 2!). And I took advantage of the 24+ learner loan, which was the only way I could afford to do it. Best decision I ever made! I hope you enjoy your courses as much as I am!

Aw thank you im so excited unfortunately 24 plus loans dont fund level 2 courses

Level 2 often needs to be self funded.

Having said that, if it's your first level 2 qualification and/or you're in certain benefits, you may be able to get funding support from the college. Definitely discuss all of this with them.

It is my first level 2 ill give the college a call tomorrow and see what they say x

Aw thank you im so excited unfortunately 24 plus loans dont fund level 2 courses

I thought that was probably the case with level 2 as my 16 year old daughter is doing it and the mature students on her course have all had to pay. But I suppose not having to pay up front for both levels is better than nothing! Good luck anyway. X

Yes defiantly i will pay if i have to but if i could of got it funded then even better

Latest posts

Back