Accreditation body-diplomas-newbie!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nodamochiiee

Reaction score
Hello all

I am a newbie on this forum, have been reading different bits and bobs for a few hours now!:)

I am interested in studying Diplomas mainly for personal interest and perhaps a future in running own business/work from home. I understand that if I was to work in a spa/salon I would need the NVQs.

Whilst researching Diplomas in my area, there seems to be a slight price difference with the same diploma, same content covered but one says:

What can I expect to achieve?
A Diploma in Full Swedish Body Massage - Accredited by Professional Beauty

AND

Is the Course accredited?
All our courses are approved and accredited by The Guild of Beauty Therapists (Diploma) and VTCT (NVQ).

Please can you shed some light into this?
:D

Course fees are set by individual providers so you could be charged different rates at different colleges for the same qualification.

However, the facilities, tutors, contact hours will vary so you need to research the options to find a course that suits your needs best.

Courses approved by the guild of beauty therapists are courses that have been written by the training provider (who have to be qualified teachers with the necessary beauty qualifications and members of the guild) and approved by the guild (for a relatively small fee). If you undertake one of these courses you can gain insurance from some insurance providers (but definately the guild), and MAY have some trouble finding work with just that certificate.
Courses approved by VTCT are nationally recognised qualifications by an awarding body which has strict verification procedures, quals are recognised by almost any insurance provider, and SHOULD make you eligible for the job you want. The fee is higher as the training provider has to pay VTCT different fees (such as registration, qual fees,examination fees etc plus external verifier visits etc). So all in all course content is generally almost identical, but i would always

Latest posts

Back