Acetone irritation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenessaP

Reaction score
I've been a nail tech for five years . I am 46 years old and I've never experienced this problem before , recently underneath my nail on my thumbs and index fingers my skin is cracking ,peeling,dry ,irritated and burning anybody out there experience the same thing if so what is your solution to this problem ?

Yes!
I haven't found a solution yet though
I try to wear gloves but it still gets through

Yes I have ,
I can't use any soak off solution it irritates my working hand and only the first 3 fingers which indicate over exposure to acetone or soak off solutions.

So go to eBay or not sure who else sells them in the UK, you get soak off foil, they avail in my country very cheap from beauty suppliers but when I was in the uk I havnt seen them but you can get a copy off eBay.
It's tin foil essentially with a piece of batting type material attached to it.
So I put my soak off into the pump Mensa bottle and then just use the foils to pump soak off to saturate the cotton square and apply to client nail and wrap, leave for 10min with heated mittens of wheatie bag.

This means I don't have to touch the soak off solutions at all.
In extreme cases I also use this method to apply clients prep or to wipe inhibition layer but I use gloves for this step.

Yes I have ,
I can't use any soak off solution it irritates my working hand and only the first 3 fingers which indicate over exposure to acetone or soak off solutions.

So go to eBay or not sure who else sells them in the UK, you get soak off foil, they avail in my country very cheap from beauty suppliers but when I was in the uk I havnt seen them but you can get a copy off eBay.
It's tin foil essentially with a piece of batting type material attached to it.
So I put my soak off into the pump Mensa bottle and then just use the foils to pump soak off to saturate the cotton square and apply to client nail and wrap, leave for 10min with heated mittens of wheatie bag.

This means I don't have to touch the soak off solutions at all.
In extreme cases I also use this method to apply clients prep or to wipe inhibition layer but I use gloves for this step.

Will try... ty

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1499872275.963495.jpg

The top one is the eBay version and the bottom one is the salon supplier version they both pretty cheap but the supplier is sometimes out of stock quite often hence my back up stash for when I run out.

Are you sure it is an acetone irritation and not an irritation to soak off or the actual gel/acrylic you're using?

I suffer from contact dermatitis, I got steroid creams etc from the doctor which I was told to use twice daily. I did, which helped and then it came back with a vengeance as if you speak to a proper dermatologist, they are not designed for long term use. So I got it under control and started wearing gloves, to then develop a nitrile allergy and had to give up nails pretty much!

Now I can do odd sets here and there, I use a barrier cream called Gloves in a bottle. I have literally just had CJP acrylic delivered with Hema free monomer, and a tack free top coat to try and limit my contact with solutions. I am also looking at ordering a cotton claw from ASP as this would hold cotton pads while using solutions also x

Do any of you use an air filter system whilst doing nails?

Do any of you use an air filter system whilst doing nails?

Yes , fabulous aire or not sure what the equivalent is in the uk , it's essentially a water based filter sucks the air through water and that catches all the airborne junk. On days I do lots of acrylics the water is grey and murky and it gets changed daily.
I think it's essential these days !

Latest posts

Back