acid free gel..not from the acrylic family??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca boo

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I am just wanting some input please. From my understanding EVERYTHING is from the acrylic family. A comment has been made to me that some gels are not from the acrylic family they are acid free. I am always wanting to learn more and am looking for a better understanding.

Any help would be much appriciated

Thank you in advance:hug:

As I understand it ALL enhancements are from the acrylic 'family'

I use Brisa which is hypo allergenic and gives excellent results. For more info do a search, it has helped me a lot:lol:

As I understand it ALL enhancements are from the acrylic 'family'

I use Brisa which is hypo allergenic and gives excellent results. For more info do a search, it has helped me a lot:lol:

Thanks hun Im not having to much luck

Perhaps you're slightly confused re some gels (ie Brisa) being acrylate free?
Brisa is hypoallergenic, it doesn't have acrylates, formaldehyde or gluteraldehyde, therefore making it hypoallergenic, however, it still has an acrylic 'backbone' (as such).

All enhancement brands have acrylic in them, regardless of the individual marketing ploys to make you think otherwise, ie organic etc.

hth's a bit

No, Im not confused Well I guess I am kinda. The product im questioning is Light Elegance gels. From my understanding ALL artificial in some way come from the acrylic family. Iwas told that LE does not it is acid free. I am trying to understand why it would not be considered acrylic just because it is acid free. Boy do I wish I knew chemistry.

the comment made was along the lines of acid free gels do not contain any acid acrylates with MMA,MA, or EMA. I am just wanting to understand what does acid free have to do with wether it is an acrylic or not. If in fact it is not then what is it?

Geeks I need your words of wisdom to understand this!!!!! HELP please...:cry:

Latest posts

Back