Acrylic application help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole_beauty

Reaction score
HELP!
I qualified about 6 years ago. I have t had that much experience in doing acrylics as I came out of beauty for a little while but I’m not renting a room and have been doing some acrylics on friends to bring my confidence back.
I did that nails about 3 days ago on 2 of my friends and they both messaged me tonight saying one has snapped off.
I dehydrated, did cuticle work, prepped the nail... what could it be from?
I have done another set and I messaged her tonight and she said hers are fine and haven’t fallen off.

HELP!
I qualified about 6 years ago. I have t had that much experience in doing acrylics as I came out of beauty for a little while but I’m not renting a room and have been doing some acrylics on friends to bring my confidence back.
I did that nails about 3 days ago on 2 of my friends and they both messaged me tonight saying one has snapped off.
I dehydrated, did cuticle work, prepped the nail... what could it be from?
I have done another set and I messaged her tonight and she said hers are fine and haven’t fallen off.
Are you filing them down too thin? If you take away too much apex and over thin the side walls they will be more likely to snap at the free edge.

Last edited:
Snapping is incorrect structure, either no apex or incorrect placement. Lifting is a different issue. Was it definitely snapped?

Get a pic if you can, it will help

Latest posts

Back