Acrylic help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeeR

Reaction score
Hi all, I am very newly qualified in acrylics and have had a go today at a reverse french acrylic overlay. Whilst I still need lots more practice, I was wondering whether you can infill these? My head tells me that I would need to soak off and do a fresh set each time? Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated xx

Attachments

• 429E51B0-7D54-4B56-AFFD-76CFE6A7CEB1.jpeg
    429E51B0-7D54-4B56-AFFD-76CFE6A7CEB1.jpeg
    807.9 KB · Views: 32
Depends in your definition of infill and the clients nails

'In fill' is technically just filling in the growth gap at the cuticle, yes that can be done BUT the growth may expose the natural smile line depending on how long the bsil bed is in which case no.

You don't need to soak off in that situation, it would become a 'rebalance' - shorten length, thin out the stress apex, remove any lifting, thin out remaining product and reapply your french, the left over white will be hidden by the new french.

You don’t need to soak off each time. If you’re hand filing it will be time consuming to file away to do a rebalance though, however you’d still need to do lots of filing before a soak off.

I never soak off. I efile the whole nail thin and reapply pink and white each time. I tried a method where you efile a groove at the smile line and reapply white at the smile line only along with filling in pink at the new growth, but it was just as time consuming and didn't blend as nicely, if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back