Acrylic nails not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddybear27x

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been training in acrylic nails since the beginning of the year so I am still new, I am really struggling, I have been doing clients nails which some last less than a week. It is incredibly frustrating and embarrassing. I practise on the training hand but obviously I have no idea how well that lasts, please please can someone give me some tips :( I have only recently switched to nail harmony acrylic system. I was originally using the edge xx

Hi.... Are you using a good prep wipe before applying acrylic ?

When you say they're not lasting, what's happening exactly? Lifting? If so where? Breaking? Where? Cracking? Whereabouts?

You say you've been training since the beginning of the year, so are you still attending classes? Have you qualified yet? Is it a college course?

:)

When you say they're not lasting, what's happening exactly? Lifting? If so where? Breaking? Where? Cracking? Whereabouts?

You say you've been training since the beginning of the year, so are you still attending classes? Have you qualified yet? Is it a college course?

:)
I qualified at the start of the year, my acrylics are mostly lifting from the sides so I think it is my prep that I need to work on.
I understand it takes a while it's just frustrating and annoying haha xx

Sounds like they're too near the skin or your prep.

Have a look on YouTube for a video Removing the Real Cuticle by Fingernailfixer it's a fab video and was definitely my lightbulb moment.

Yep get rid of all real cuticle on nail plate and dont let acrylic go on side wall

Latest posts

Back