Health Concerns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aalaiine

Reaction score
Hello, I’m recently new to doing acrylics and I do them at home. Is it safe to do acrylics in a downstairs area with a fan, odorless monomer, dust collector, air purifier, wearing a mask. I have small windows in our downstairs area that could be cracked open but they are difficult to open. If anyone could give any safety tips It would be great. Thank You!

Hello, I’m recently new to doing acrylics and I do them at home. Is it safe to do acrylics in a downstairs area with a fan, odorless monomer, dust collector, air purifier, wearing a mask. I have small windows in our downstairs area that could be cracked open but they are difficult to open. If anyone could give any safety tips It would be great. Thank You!
Hi, It is never safe for you as the therapist or the the client to breathe in all the nail dust and vapours created by nail or lash treatments. Odorless Monomer is more dangerous as you can't smell the hazard! If you open windows etc all you do is vent the toxic air outside into the environment, neighbours etc. You should invest in good quality "capture at source" extraction units for your long term health. Take a look at Ravair Units, they are highly rated and some are available in the USA, www.ravair.co.uk. Their wall mounted unit sounds perfect for your space.

Latest posts

Back