Acrylic nails or lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi I want to add an additional service to my mobile work and can't decide between training in acrylic nails or Lash extentions. What would you advise is more in demand, most cost effective with set up costs and quicker to get off the ground running? Thanks in advance.

What do you already offer? I personally found lashes cheaper and less time consuming to get up and running but there's a lot of demand for nails where I live. If you already have a bed you take around then I would recommend a lashes course, I find it ties in nicely with brow tint and facial waxing for me and I only have my bed and stool for set up. If you already have table and chairs then look into nails - personally I think you have to put more work in and build skills over time, but a lot more people seem to want nails - maybe because they have experience with getting them so are comfortable, I'm not sure!

If you opt for lashes I would recommend also doing lash tint (if you don't already) as it looks much better if you have clients with super blonde lashes if you tint first. It's also a quick and easy treatment to offer as a stand alone when doing other treatments

That's great thank you for your reply. Yes I already do tinting and also have a bed, so I'm thinking lashes may be the better option.
Thank you.

What do you already offer? I personally found lashes cheaper and less time consuming to get up and running but there's a lot of demand for nails where I live. If you already have a bed you take around then I would recommend a lashes course, I find it ties in nicely with brow tint and facial waxing for me and I only have my bed and stool for set up. If you already have table and chairs then look into nails - personally I think you have to put more work in and build skills over time, but a lot more people seem to want nails - maybe because they have experience with getting them so are comfortable, I'm not sure!

If you opt for lashes I would recommend also doing lash tint (if you don't already) as it looks much better if you have clients with super blonde lashes if you tint first. It's also a quick and easy treatment to offer as a stand alone when doing other treatments
Thank you for your reply it's really helpful.

I would go with lash for a quick and easy set up. Acrylic, although not to expensive to set up can take a long time to master xx

Latest posts

Back