Acrylic newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckss94

Reaction score
Hey guys. I taught myself acrylic nails years ago and have been doing my own and my friends occasionally. I have just done an acrylic course and doing a gel polish course ready to set up my new business in the new year. I will be working from home in a converted garage and was wondering if anyone could tell me how long, roughly, it should be taking to do a full set of plain acrylics and then how long for gel polish on top of that. I am still a little slow as I'm inexperienced but really hoping my little adventure takes off because I've always been interested in and passionate about nails. I just don't want to be booking in clients too close together. I know I'm probably getting ahead of myself but I've got to think about everything and think positive. Thank you in advance for any advice and tips :')

An hour and a half is the industry standard for a full set of Liquid & Powder extensions. Some techs will ge quicker, some slower. As a beginner focus on quality not speed.

Gel polish over the top would take approx 15 minutes

Brilliant. Thank you so much for your reply. When I do my friends it usually takes me a long time but we are usually chilled having a chat not feeling pressure to do them quickly so I was worrying about professional time.

Brilliant. Thank you so much for your reply. When I do my friends it usually takes me a long time but we are usually chilled having a chat not feeling pressure to do them quickly so I was worrying about professional time.

Learn to 'talk to the hand' - don't lift you head to make eye contact with your client, this will significantly cut your time

Latest posts

Back