Acrylic rebalance using gel didn't work!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazzlingDetails

Reaction score
Morning!!!

I'm just curious, I did a rebalance for a client...She had CND Ret+ L&P overlays-applied by me, had gone 3 weeks, minimal lifting and fancied trying CND Brisa Gel... I had been taught you could rebalance acrylic with gel and vice versa as they are both essentially the same product, just in different forms, so although I've never done it before I didn't see a problem... I did all my prep as normal for a rebalance, and did the nails...She's text me a week and a bit later to say the gel has lifted away from the acrylic?!?!?! Can anyone shed any light as to why this would happen??? I have her in at 2 today and would like to able to offer a confident explanation to her xxx

Gel isn't as strong as Acrylic, and lighter, although they are both from the same acrylate family.

Therefore if the nails are longer with mainly acrylic on them they will be tip heavy and the gel may not be strong enough to cope with that.
Doing an acrylic infill on gel nails works better.

I would soak off the acrylic and redo with gel.

Thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back