Acrylics lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat@elegantb

Reaction score
Can anyone just help me out. I've had a client send me pictures of some acrylics I did only last Thursday and they have started lifting already. I've never had this with any of my other clients, what could have done this? And what should I do to fix it? Thanks xx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-01-19-34-27.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-01-19-34-27.png
    943.8 KB · Views: 165
Is it on every single nail? If its on every nail i'd be more inclined to think its something specific to her rather than anything you've done.
Is she pregnant or on medication? Has she had this problem before?

No she hasn't had this before and this is the first time I've done her nails too! She's not pregnant and I'm sure she wrote on her consultation sheet that she wasn't on any med, it is pretty much the same on all fingers. Not sure if you can see the picture I put on but it's same on both hands. Any idea what it could be or what I could have done?

Can you give us a bit more information so we are better able to help - what brand you use, talk us through your prep, what aftercare advice you give.

Can you give us a bit more information so we are better able to help - what brand you use, talk us through your prep, what aftercare advice you give.

Prep wise I start off with taking length off the nail, shaping and doing cuticle work (pushing back & removing excess) I then buff the nail to remove the shine & then remove any dust and use asp nail dehydrater & cleanser and then also use asp extra strength primer. I also used asp acrylic. I've never had a problem before, only with this client! She said she hasn't done anything different to when she's had acrylics before so I'm assuming it must be something I've done :-(

That's for that :) It sounds like you've certainly done everything right, providing of course that absolutely all cuticle was removed, which is the normal culprit for lifting like this. I've zoomed in on your pic and on the middle finger it does look like the product has touched the skin in a couple of areas but the others look ok.

Have you asked her what she's done since her appointment? Cleaning, gardening etc?

Where has she had them done before? If she's had nss and they've used mma then her aftercare maybe a lot less than you would advise. When she says she hasn't done anything different that could mean the ones she's had before were like cement! [emoji53]

Based on the photo there are several issues here

1. The client is a hard user. Her finger tips show thick sidewalls from repetitive force, likely uses her hands a lot for work. This means there will be a lot of force and use on the nail. With this additional new length you she will end up with a lot of leverage and likely suffer damage and lifting. This client should have shorter nails

2. The thick and deep sidewalls indicate the nail unit is growing rapidly to recover from damage. I would not be surprised if also a nail biter. Likely there is a lot of cuticle that has been missed during prep which is a guarantee of lifting.

3. The deep sidewalls have made zone 3 very hard to get a clear margin, as Pure has mentioned there is some touching of soft tissue with the application. This is also a guarantee of lifting.

For this client I would prescribe a shorter length enhancement until the 'grow' into the additional length. Ensure a very thorough prep (dry cuticle remove AFTER wet work will likely show a lot of missed cuticle)
Be very careful to ensure a clear margin and zone 3 blend very carefully with a thin board that can really let you get it smooth and cleanly blended.

This client should also have a very strict daily cuticle eraser and cuticle oil routine to add a sense of value to the nail so they learn they are 'jewellery' and not tools.

Good luck. This will be a challenge for you ;)

Wow I love
1. The client is a hard user. Her finger tips show thick sidewalls from repetitive force, likely uses her hands a lot for work. This means there will be a lot of force and use on the nail. With this additional new length you she will end up with a lot of leverage and likely suffer damage and lifting. This client should have shorter nails

2. The thick and deep sidewalls indicate the nail unit is growing rapidly to recover from damage. I would not be surprised if also a nail biter. Likely there is a lot of cuticle that has been missed during prep which is a guarantee of lifting.
Wow I'm amazed at what you have noticed! I would never have thought to look at those issues and what they could mean, but now you've pointed them out what you've said makes complete sense. :)

;) your welcome. Some of us blokes have an eye for it

Latest posts

Back