Additives and pigments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieD

Reaction score
I use shellac and not used additives or pigments yet, as new-be .Could someone explain the difference between additives and pigments please ?
And can you use any type of pigment powder apart from the branded one ( not sure I can name the brand , but you can guess the one I mean) if so can it be one sold for make-up etc? Xxx

Additives are CND's name for pigments, pigment effects and effects. Other companies/people also call similar products, mica powders. I'll try to explain but I'm got great at it;

Pigments are a very dense colour in powder form that'll either cover up the base colour or dramatically change it.
Effects are a sheer powder with some kind of underlying shimmer, glitter, sparkle that changes the look of the base colour.
Pigment effects by the name are somewhere between the two above.

You can use other companies products but the mica powder has to be cosmetic grade, this is pure and won't have any nasties in it as it's meant for skin contact, you can also use things like eyeshadow.

I hope I've not confused you.

Karaxxx

Thank you Kara very well explained ... Total understand now. You have come to my rescue again, many thanks x

Latest posts

Back