adhesive - Sticky mess!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenelopePitstop

Reaction score
Hi Ya,

i'm having a sticky problem with my gelbond. whilst i was using it last night the metal tubing split slightly down the side causing some of the adhesive to ooze out, by the time i'd realised i'd got myself into a right mess!! with a lot of wasted product!

so now i can't really use the rest of it up as when i squeeze it now comes out of 2 places, so will have to throw it away.
Anyone have any tips on how to avoid it happening in the first place as i can't afford to keep throwing it away when it's not empty.

Cheers Pen

xx

PMSL!!
I did exactly that on my very first day of training! LOL!

Sorry, I don't have any tips for you tho! Gelbond has a mind of it's own sometimes!

Tilly Ann said:
PMSL!!
I did exactly that on my very first day of training! LOL!

Sorry, I don't have any tips for you tho! Gelbond has a mind of it's own sometimes!

i know tell me about it!! it's on the pads of my fingers and it feels funny when i type!

x

LOL!
Get an abrasive, preferably a kanga board and gently buff it off! Thats what I do!!

Tilly Ann said:
LOL!
Get an abrasive, preferably a kanga board and gently buff it off! Thats what I do!!

Thanks i'll give it ago!

xx

i always get a pack of small gelbonds (2mg? instead of 9) so if they go wrong like this i'm not throwing away so much. maybe you could save the tops off old tubes? then you can replace them when things like this happen.

I use the small tubes too after getting the top firmly stuck on the large tube and splitting it at the side when I tried to turn the top to get it off. I was advised to wrap the tube tightly in cooking foil as this adhesive is a pressure one and will not set in the tube. I did this and managed to use the rest up just being very careful not to squeeze the tube too much when I used it. I actually pierced a small hole in one corner of the bottom of the tube and spread it from there on the tips as the top refused point blank to budge! Maybe this would work to at least let you use some of it up.

Hiya x

Are you rolling the foil up like toothpaste..?? this causes it to weaken and create holes. I used to do it..till i realised what i was doing..now i just gently press out what i need...and leave the foil tube in its original shape, and its fine now. xxxxx

NailStyle said:
Hiya x

Are you rolling the foil up like toothpaste..?? this causes it to weaken and create holes. I used to do it..till i realised what i was doing..now i just gently press out what i need...and leave the foil tube in its original shape, and its fine now. xxxxx

Good tip! i will stop doing that now.

I'm not getting on too well with these foil tubes, the first time i opened one it squirted everywhere! :eek: I am more careful now!

NailStyle said:
Hiya x

No the only reason i haven't done that is i know with my exzema cream which is in the metal tubing does exactly the same but it's not so much of a problem as you want the cream in your hand anyway...not so good for glue Lol!! so it's just in the original shape maybe i've been a bit heavy handed. think i'll just buy the ickle ones from now on xxxxx

Latest posts

Back