Bleach Blonde to natural root colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missyjj

Reaction score
hello. I need some advice. I’m not a professional. I pretty much ruined my hair about 7/8 month ago with bleach. When I saw my hair falling out. I haven’t touched bleach since and I don’t want to either. I have trimmed my hair but my hair still feels weak and shed hair like a very hairy dog! Well I’m naturally light/medium brown and because of my peroxide blonde hair. What could I do to match my roots? I’m too scared to use bleach. I was looking up toning my hair with brown toner but I just don’t understand. So I thought I’d ask what I should do. Thankyou. Pic below. Ps the lighter the brown the better or root match. Just so I can grown my hair out now and not ruin my hair or give me more mental health issues that my hair might fall out again. I can’t go to a salon as I can’t afford anything over £30. This is my limit. :( please help Thankyou

Attachments

• C8322495-9658-457B-A96B-CE0A912472EB.png
    C8322495-9658-457B-A96B-CE0A912472EB.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
hello. I need some advice. I’m not a professional. I pretty much ruined my hair about 7/8 month ago with bleach. When I saw my hair falling out. I haven’t touched bleach since and I don’t want to either. I have trimmed my hair but my hair still feels weak and shed hair like a very hairy dog! Well I’m naturally light/medium brown and because of my peroxide blonde hair. What could I do to match my roots? I’m too scared to use bleach. I was looking up toning my hair with brown toner but I just don’t understand. So I thought I’d ask what I should do. Thankyou. Pic below. Ps the lighter the brown the better or root match. Just so I can grown my hair out now and not ruin my hair or give me more mental health issues that my hair might fall out again. I can’t go to a salon as I can’t afford anything over £30. This is my limit. :( please help Thankyou
I would say your natural colour matches up pretty well to Wella colour touch 8/71 normally you'd need to pre pigment the hair first before covering it over because of how porous it will be. You'd need to add gold. So you could mix 8/71+ 8/73 or if you don't mind it being a bit warmer than your natural to start off with you could go with 8/73 and it will fade to a cooler colour.
This is usually mixed with 1.9% and left for 20 mins.
I'd also concentrate on doing some deep repair treatments. To make sure you get no further breakage.

I would say your natural colour matches up pretty well to Wella colour touch 8/71 normally you'd need to pre pigment the hair first before covering it over because of how porous it will be. You'd need to add gold. So you could mix 8/71+ 8/73 or if you don't mind it being a bit warmer than your natural to start off with you could go with 8/73 and it will fade to a cooler colour.
This is usually mixed with 1.9% and left for 20 mins.
I'd also concentrate on doing some deep repair treatments. To make sure you get no further breakage.
Is it 50/50 with the 2 toners and the 1.9% is that the developer? Thankyou for the info :)

Yeah that's right
Would

Wella Professionals 06/0 Natural Brandy Shinefinity Zero Lift Glaze 60ml​

Be able to add to that mix to give it a nice shine or is it not worth bothering with?

Would

Wella Professionals 06/0 Natural Brandy Shinefinity Zero Lift Glaze 60ml​

Be able to add to that mix to give it a nice shine or is it not worth bothering with?
Shinefinity is nice and the right kind of product. Although I think a level 6 may be too dark. Unless you're happy for it to be a bit darker.... It will fade anyway.

Shinefinity is nice and the right kind of product. Although I think a level 6 may be too dark. Unless you're happy for it to be a bit darker.... It will fade anyway.
Shinefinity can't be mixed with colour touch though

Shinefinity can't be mixed with colour touch though
Right got it. Thankyou so much for your help. I ordered the other 2 toners and I’m going to see how it turns out before I buy the shine one. :)

Attachments

• A9E965C4-3BA6-4A97-BEAE-3B850063CB70.jpeg
    A9E965C4-3BA6-4A97-BEAE-3B850063CB70.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Attachments

• 6CABEC8B-8C90-4F28-BDBF-B9DE32B272DB.jpeg
    6CABEC8B-8C90-4F28-BDBF-B9DE32B272DB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
What developer did you use? That's not what it should look like 🙈

What developer did you use? That's not what it should look like 🙈
Lol I used colour touch emulsion 1.9. Where have I gone wrong lol

I did the 1:2 parts. I don’t get where I’ve gone wrong 🤣 my hair is a different colour to that pic now too lol

I did the 1:2 parts. I don’t get where I’ve gone wrong 🤣 my hair is a different colour to that pic now too lol
What do you mean it's a different colour again? It should change colour once it's done.

What do you mean it's a different colour again? It should change colour once it's done.
I think it’s because when I took those pics my hair was wet. Now it’s dry. It looks lighter and different

I think it’s because when I took those pics my hair was wet. Now it’s dry. It looks lighter and different
Do you have any of the 8/71 left?

Do you have any of the 8/71 left?
Yeah I do. Just over a quarter. My hair doesn’t look bad. It’s actually a lovely colour. Just when my hair was wet it looked crap. Lol I actually prefer this to the before colour!

Attachments

• 850749E6-D29A-40E0-80DE-3C54E9ED774B.jpeg
    850749E6-D29A-40E0-80DE-3C54E9ED774B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back