Advertising/Promotion/Directory

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Has anyone used this website?

http://www.do-my-nails.co.uk/index.html

If so, would you recommend it?
How many contacts did you receive in your first year, etc.?

From what I can work out, I'd need a £90 per year subscription to make any kind of impact in my area - which I don't mind paying if it brings the customers in :idea:

I've never seen it before last night, so I'm not sure how popular it's likely to be

Thanks in advance
T
xx

you can register with them for a free trial (one month i think) - i'm pretty sure i did this just the other day! they will probably pester me for ever now if i don't subscribe...

I saw the free month trial, but usually for trial periods they take your credit card details and just bung the charge on after 30 days and I'm a numpty when it comes to remembering to cancel these types of things - I ended up with a Britannia book club membership for 4 years cos I kept forgetting to cancel :o :biggrin:

they didn't ask for any credit card details for the free trial registration...i received an email the same day i registered saying i would be included by monday....not there yet and it's now wednesday! Not sure its any good at all really. You'd think they would come up in the prime position on a google/ask/lycos search but haven't seen them too near the top yet...rekon most people would find my website before they found www.do-my-nails! but i'll keep you posted if the situation changes!

Thanks Di - I'd be really interested :hug:

just emailed 'nathan' from this company - asking him why when you type in a search such as 'acrylic nails' or 'nail technician' they www.do-my-nails didn't show up - the response i received made me laugh...he has noted my suggestions for seach words and will now add them. You'd think these might have been a priority in the first place...what on earth are people going to search for when looking for a nail technician!?

Bless him! Doesn't really inspire confidence does it - but at least he's added them now :lol:

I too had an email from this guy Nathan. I thought it was just another Spam mail at first but on closer inspection it does seem OK. I looked at the website and ending up signing up for the FREE trial, but I didn't have to give any card details. I think if I DO get any calls from this I will register...I've had loads of business from the free one liner on Yell.com so i've just signed up a £9.50 a month deal with them for a boxed ad - fingers crossed it will pay for itself!

Save your money girls - If all you are after is a way of advertising yourself then Sean and I are in the middle of setting up something along the same lines and the cost is NOTHING! It's going to be absolutely FREE!!! It's about half way finished right now, just tweaking it here and there.

It will be for advertising yourselves and your services and you can include all your contact details and a short description of the services you provide. Potential clients will be able to search for a nail tech in their area and contact you directly.

For anyone who doesn't have a website we can provide a single webpage which will be maintained by Sean - no need to worry if you are a bit 'web-phobic' (like myself!) - again, all FREE!

In case I need to stress this - it's for Nail Technicians only! Don't be sending in details of yer hubbies Garage business! :wink2:

We were going to hang back a while until it was ready to 'go live' before mentioning it, but if you're considering paying for something similar then I thought I'd better blurt it out now!

If you're interested in being added to it, you can contact Sean on:

[email protected]

The live site isn't set up properly yet, we've just got a page up but there are no details, should be going 'live' properly in about a week! :)

Sounds like a great idea Jackie, good luck with the launch.
I get rung up several times a week by ladies who will be visiting the area & want a good recommendation for a nail tech whilst they are here. I could put a link on my new website to it if you'd like.
Karen

wat a great idea jackie , sean u have mail lol xx

Well done Sean and Jackie

I'll save my pennies and support a Geek too - count me in, I'll mail Sean now

Thanx

T
xx

Sounds a great idea! I've emailed too.

Smashing idea and all credit for the inspiration - a freebie too!!! I have also mailed Sean

Thanks

Latest posts

Back