Advertising your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supertalons

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been a qualified tech for over a year now(also qualified in Mani/Pedi, Waxing, lash & Brow Treatments) but have mainly been doing family & friends a I had a baby last year so wanted to spend most of my time at home.

Anyway he is 1 now and I have decided to build up my mobile business, I already have pricelists and business cards printed an have been giving them out to clients to pass along to friends etc, I have a regular client list of about 15 but this includes beauty clients aswell, do you have any ideas on how to promote the Nail enhancement side of my business more? I am in the process of designing my website and have had quotes from the local press for advertising but just wondered where most of your business come from is it word of mouth?, cards left in tannng salons?...

Any suggestions will be very helpful thanx!

Hi Ya, word of mouth is of course the best source of clientele, but i have just recently put an advert in the yellow pages and am getting so far a good response from that you can go onto Yell.com and list your business for a free one line. Leafet drops etc can take a while but i will be doing another very soon on the hope to bring in some more clientele. I also have a magnetic car graphic attached to either side of my car door which was purchased through another geek member Aspirations so you may want to enquire about that.. there have been quite a few discussions on this so you may even want to do a search above for it.. it seems to be a hard struggle to get a clientele but i am hoping it wont be too long when business is booming :) (i hope lol) x x x

just thought of a new one... when doing existing mobile clients, turn up an extra half hour to leaflet drop in this area. You could even add to the flyer something like... "if you have received this leaflet through your door - it's probably because your neighbour has just had her nails (or whatever treatments you do) done... keep your eyes peeled for my work, then give me a call to bok your appt!!"

sounds cheesy I know - just a thought?? This will work well if you also have your car signed up, as the neighbous may have noticed you there already and will ask for recommendations from your client!
x

Thanx for the tips will get onto it straight away, & if I have any brainwaves (doubtful?!!) I will definately share them!

Thanx again

Latest posts

Back