Advice about system and lamps please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.mrsm

Reaction score
When I booked my training I bought a load of student kits from the company they use. They sold me a cuccio lamp with IBD just gel system. Now only since being on here have I picked up that maybe I should have an IBD lamp to use with my IBD gel? So I queried it with them today. She said she'd never heard of that and most salons use one brand of lamp with any system. Is this right and ok or do I need to invest in an IBD lamp. I've spent a lot of money on my cuccio lamp and it's working great but I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing?

I'd be querying the professionalism of your trainer.

It's not the trainer, they are an ofsted registered beauty academy with a very good reputation. They use a supplier to sell kits to students. The lamp I bought when doing a one day gel course where I was offered various lamps and a kit wit IBD just gel. I have done my VTCT with them for mani and pedi and due to start my VTCT in acrylics. The supplier have asked me to ask the beauty academy as they haven't heard of this so are selling any lamps. So my query was just should I have been sold the IBD lamp? I'm going to ring the academy tmrw to see what they say. I'm just a bit confused x

Has far as I know for insurance purposes you need to use the lamp of the products you are using. You cannot mix it. At least is how my insurance works.For example I cannot use the gelish polishes with Opi lamp and vice versa.

Has far as I know for insurance purposes you need to use the lamp of the products you are using. You cannot mix it. At least is how my insurance works.For example I cannot use the gelish polishes with Opi lamp and vice versa.

What insurance is that? Mine isn't anywhere near that descriptive.

What insurance is that? Mine isn't anywhere near that descriptive.

Most insurance policies contain small print terms along the lines of;
'follow manufacturers instructions'
and all the major gel polish companies state that they can only guarantee a full cure when using their full range of products including lamp.

Therefore, if you had a client who developed an allergy to the product and wanted to sue the Nail Tech, the insurance company would point to the small print and say we won't cover you because you failed to follow the manufacturers instructions. (This includes mixing products from different companies during the service)

What you need to understand is that the insurance company doesn't have to prove that your generic lamp was at fault. In fact, the lamp might well be adequate but having failed to follow manufacturers instructions, you're effectively stuffed!

As more clients are becoming sensitised to a range of products, it's sadly not uncommon that they want to blame someone for their symptoms.

Latest posts

Back