Advice for Hairdressing Apprenticeship

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadelm

Reaction score
Anyone who trained doing an apprenticeship... how do you go about finding a salon that will train you?
Do you literally just contact every salon you can asking them or is there some way I can find out which salons would participate in training?

Thanks a lot,
Jade xoxox

Try the colleges first. I quite often alert the local colleges that I have a vacancy for an apprentice before I advertise it in the local paper. Failing that, glam up and pop in all the salons you like the look of and give a cv to the manager.

in my experience finding an apprenticeship is very hard, it took me 9 months, there are several ways to go about it,

enquire at local salons, try to speak so the manager rather than just give in a CV as there is a good chance it will never get looked at, a week after you posted in your CV, give them a call just to touch base and remind them that our still looking for work.

try your local college, they may offer an apprentice matching service and have links with local salons

keep your eyes out in the local paper as many salons will advertise in the weekly jobs section,

visit, Home - Opening doors to a better future this is the official website for apprenticeships within the UK, they have information and a job search facility on there however you must register first (its totally free)

Best of luck x

Thanks a lot everyone, I've been searching the web for local salons and quite a few in my area take on trainees every so often and you an simply aply via the website so that's a plus. Emailed some others and going to pop into some today.. wish me luck!!

Thanks again for all your advice! xxx

Hi there,

You could also try contacting City and Guilds, they should have a coherent list of salons/training providers that offer apprenticeships in your area, you should be able to find someone there he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

MHD x x x

Latest posts

Back