Advice needed on how much rent to charge for nail tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zanzan

Reaction score
Hello all, I've just opened my own hair salon in quite a busy shopping centre, I have lots of passing trade and a lot of these clients are looking for nails to be done. So I have decided to rent an area of the salon out which will fit nail desk chairs(provided by me) shelf/wall space for retail/polishes etc, I am also offering to include the window space which is just short of 2 meter width which they can advertise at their will. I was wondering what the going rate to charge would be? I am solely hair trained and have no idea what the rate should be so advice from every aspect would be good.
I am ideally looking for someone with a clientele and experience that want to build on what they have as I don't want to have the hassle of newbie problems, is this asking too much? am I being too picky?
Please help!

Sounds like a great idea to rent out to a nail tech. It’s difficult to say what you should charge because it depends on your own expenses. This might sound like a hard way to do it but calculate the cost of square feet in the salon and figure out how much the space your renting out cost. Then divide up all the joint expenses you will share with another person and from those numbers you will have an idea what it will cost you to share with someone and then you can make a decision. That’s the way I always look at it. Getting an established nail tech might prove difficult since it’s more common to find newer trained nail techs. You might be lucky, but please consider new nail techs too. Some might really surprise you and they have a lot of passion for what they do. Interviewing new booth renters and making a solid contract of what you expect of them will get you far. There are som amazing talent out there, booth new and experienced so you should be open to all. One thing to consider also is will you be able to invest in a ventilation system for them? This is crucial in a combined environment because we sometimes work with products that have odour and we do create a lot of dust. So if you want to create a move in situation with everything included you should consult with an experienced tech or company. Also add this investment into your rent calculation so you make it back. Wish you the best of luck and hope you find a great partner to work with. Some of my best times in salons have been with hairdressers!

Latest posts

Back