Advice needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stace7

Reaction score
I had a lady come to me to have gel nails done as where she had previously been going have ruined her nails due to using an e file to file off the polish!! Her cuticles were red and sore and nails very thin and weak. She asked me what way I removed them and i told her with light buffing and apply remover on cotton pad wrapped in foil. She was pleased with this as she knows this is the correct way to remove gel polish. I did advise that the gel polish may not last for very long this time due to damage to her own nails and I said if it does come off prematurely let me know and I'll redo them at a reduced priced to try and get them back into good condition. She's booked in for this Friday a week after they have all come off, is what I'm doing right and can anyone advise of anything else I can suggest or do? Obviously I want to keep her as a client but most importantly restore her faith in beauty therapists/nail techs. Should I maybe apply a builder gel underneath the colour?

Thank you!! X

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Anybody??

I would say keep doing what your doing. Let her know she may need to have the gel polish weekly to get the strength back in her nails. Keep the nails short to allow as much of the damage to grow out as possible and to stop breakage. Plenty of cuticle oil massaged in will help also. Make sure she knows to come back weekly when the polish starts to chip so the nails aren't left bare and breaking.

Thank you for replying.:) The only trouble is she lives about half hour away and only visits our town once or twice a month. :-/ I did keep stressing to apply lots of cuticle oil and come back regularly as her nails were bad. I'll be interested to see if they have just ' come off ' or if she's picked

Latest posts

Back