Lecente gel polish not soaking off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillowMaker

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve recently switched to Lecente Create gel polish and although I love the colors and application I am having issues removing it. For removal I use nail clips, cotton balls and 100% acetone but even if I leave it on for 20+ minutes the polish does not start to flake. I completely remove the top coat before soaking and even did a test where I only applied a base coat and color and then tried to soak it off and ran into the same issue. Does anyone else have the same problem or tips?

Hi, I've used lecente for a few years now and yes, it also took me a while to get the hang of the soaking off. My other brand is shellac, so totally different.
Here is what I have found works best, having tried various methods:
1. Don't use cotton wool or lint - the acetone dries out too quickly.
2. DO use the foil wraps
3. To prep the nail for a soak off, firstly file off the top coat and a bit of the colour coat as well paying special attention to the edges.
4. Using the lecente foil wrap, soak the pad in pure acetone and place this over the nail and wrap tightly. Then add a clip to hold it tightly in place.
5. Once you have done the first hand in this way, set your timer. It will need 20 mins from now. (Don't go more than 30 mins as gel will set again)
6. Continue to wrap the remaining 5 fingers in the same way.
7. While waiting to get to the 20 mins, discuss new colour with client / make coffee / wax brows etc.
8. Unwrap the first finger giving the foil a good rub on the nail as you do it. Remove remaining gel with usual tool you prefer. When you take the foil off it can look unchanged but when you apply your tool you'll find that the gel comes off easily.
9. Wipe over the nail with acetone to get final bits. If very stubborn or you are removing extra layers then wrap again with fresh acetone.

Hope this helps!

Hi, I've used lecente for a few years now and yes, it also took me a while to get the hang of the soaking off. My other brand is shellac, so totally different.
Here is what I have found works best, having tried various methods:
1. Don't use cotton wool or lint - the acetone dries out too quickly.
2. DO use the foil wraps
3. To prep the nail for a soak off, firstly file off the top coat and a bit of the colour coat as well paying special attention to the edges.
4. Using the lecente foil wrap, soak the pad in pure acetone and place this over the nail and wrap tightly. Then add a clip to hold it tightly in place.
5. Once you have done the first hand in this way, set your timer. It will need 20 mins from now. (Don't go more than 30 mins as gel will set again)
6. Continue to wrap the remaining 5 fingers in the same way.
7. While waiting to get to the 20 mins, discuss new colour with client / make coffee / wax brows etc.
8. Unwrap the first finger giving the foil a good rub on the nail as you do it. Remove remaining gel with usual tool you prefer. When you take the foil off it can look unchanged but when you apply your tool you'll find that the gel comes off easily.
9. Wipe over the nail with acetone to get final bits. If very stubborn or you are removing extra layers then wrap again with fresh acetone.

Hope this helps!
This helps a lot! Will definitely start using the foil wraps from now on, thanks!

Latest posts

Back