Advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurasnowwhite

Reaction score
I've just had a message over Facebook from the husband of the hairstylist that I rent my beauty room & nail desk from saying that he's decided that he's not prepared to keep going with her failing business (he's a nasty piece of work) and as such he needs me to vacate the salon by the 25th august as he's folding the lease and handing the keys back to the landlord.

I've been in there 6 months, it's 25miles from where I live, so I don't have the option of taking it home (plus I've moved back with my parents while I build the business, and I'm not allowed to do business at home).

There are no rooms to rent available anywhere nearby currently and I have clients booked in until October, including a big wedding!

I do nails and beauty and my clients that I have built over the last 6 months really like me, but it's a small area outside the city, so people come for the convenience as much as for me.

I feel a bit stuck, not the message I thought I would be receiving at 10.15pm the night before a full booked day at the salon that I have to be up at 6.15am for!!

If anyone has a salon or know of one with space available in Chelmsford, Essex or surrounding areas please let me know, as I'm at a loss what to do next. At this rate it looks like I'm going to be 6 months hard slog and £3000 down the pan 😪

Can you go mobile so you don't lose your existing clients?

I'm already mobile 3 days a week near where I live.

I'm going to contact all my salon clients in the first instance and inform them that I'll be looking for a premises, however all appointments for the foreseeable future will be on a mobile basis, I'm also going to contact the village hall/community centre and see if they would rent a space to me. Also, there are a few big private nursing homes nearby, I'm going to see if any of them have anywhere in the short term

It's just such a nightmare, I'm only in there 3 days a week, and I'm away from there from Friday next week until the 20th (except for one day) on a private job, and I have to be out by the 25th.

Just no time to do anything, and just so unprofessional to tell me over Facebook!! Especially at night when he knows I have a fully booked day tomorrow, no chance of any sleep tonight.

Is it even remotely possible to take over the lease?
I have a salon, and let out my treatment rooms - leaving plenty of room for me to work - and they pretty much pay my rent!

Are there any hairdressers you could partner up with? It sounds like you're doing well, and she's not!

Just a thought!!!

Vic x

Thats harsh. I struggled with lack of premises for months when I first started. & it really got me down. But I thought outside the box & happened to ask a business owner where I work at my office job & it turns out he had a v small room at his timeshare swim pool at his house! So don't be afraid to think of random places & ask everyone cos u never know what will happen . Good luck x

Well, what a weekend!

I got into the salon yesterday morning to be told actually I had to be out same day!

Luckily one of my friends has a van so she met me at the salon after i finished my clients and helped me pack up my business :-(

My bedroom now looks like a stock room!,

However, I had a chat today with the owner of a salon about a mile and a half away from the one I was I and I've got myself a new room!! It's much smaller than where I have been, and there is no separate nail area, but I can make it work!!

I'm going to do mobile for August, and be in the new salon from Sept 1st.

Phew!

Best of luck x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good luck with your new place. Onwards and upwards

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

OMG what a nightmare! Glad you've found somewhere but keep an eye out for other places too. You may come across exactly what you're looking for. Well done you and boooooo to him. What a plonker.

Latest posts

Back