Advice on avoiding the "recession mentality"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great statement - avoiding recession mentality as I for one am drained by my clients and having to constantly keep upbeat as I'm sure we all are, I too cant stand coming on here and seeing professionals worrying and panicking when there is soo much good advice here.
We are in BUSINESS! so make like a dragon and get your thinking caps on instead of moaning and waiting to close down.

I am a person who can afford any class I want to take - I pulled a rabbit out of a hat to get on my masters so I def will do the same when it comes to my business!

JUST DO IT!

This is so correct, if we sit on our bums moaning about it, we are not gonna get any were. If you want it enough u will do it.
Ok off to get of my bum and get something done lol. It now or never. Go girls :!:

You go jenny!

Jenny is classic example of a go-getter she started up, had some teething problems and now is energised and exited about her services which knocks onto her clients!

We are in BUSINESS! so make like a dragon and get your thinking caps on instead of moaning and waiting to close down.

I agree with you here - who said business was ever easy, but that's part of the fun of it! That aside, a number of my clients have commented how nice it is to go to a business where the owner isn't moaning about the recession & lack of business, which I'm sure translates into business (or lack of it).

Yep, it is. The amount of information that I've shared and that has gone unthanked is rather dispiriting to say the least. And then to see other people taking the credit for my ideas is even more galling. Of course I don't have a monopoly on good ideas, and I'm actually happy to share any ideas I have (otherwise why would I post them?) but I'm damned if I'm going to sit there and let other posters be showered with glory and praise while I get left in the shadows.

It is so strange how much attention my post has attacted. I certainly didn't ever intend for anyone to feel that I was stealing their ideas. I actually have a Masters degree in Marketing from a well very respected business school so I feel I am in a position to help other geeks. The actual recommendations were from Paul Mitchell, not another geek! Sorry for any offense caused anyhow xx

LOL - all a bit silly really isnt it........

thanks to all geeks that post messages of support, information, advice, tips, whatever...

Fantastic advice, I am going to pass this on to a few business owners I know

Thank you for sharing, I know alot of people can be very gloomy at this time

Latest posts

Back