Advice on bleach toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little mad

Reaction score
hi,
my client has had her t-section highlights, chocolate and bleach blonde, And underneath all chocolate .The blonde has came out quite yellowish and she trying to achieve a shade of 10 in clynol.which toner would you think would achieve this? I thought colour fresh wella 0/6 silver? if so would it be fine if it went on the chocolate colour as it wouldnt touch this?

hey hun, depenz, if its more of a pale yellow id go violet toner if u got a combo of yellow n orange go wit wat wella calls a 10/81,(violet ash)if a combo of more orange brass and less yellow go wit sumthen lyk a 10/18 or for sumthen slightly softer instead of ash/violet go cendre(pearl)/violet, is were u lifted darker than a shade 9? if so, try give her a quick bleach bath on just were u need 2 tone at basin if it aint a really pale yellow like the inside of a banana peel,toning will just b a tempoary fix...i learnt tha hard way!!:eek::green:if u find she real risistant try puten base 10/0 with 1 cm or so of concentrate mix id go probly wit violet if not ash or cendre.dont be afraid wit tha 10/0 throwing extra wrmth the mix tone wil counteract watevas there and the ten base wil lift up 2 were ya gota be.just keep in mind huni,that wit tha tint buildup u r guna need tha bigger guns than just toner or hilift tints,u wont get any result.it would come out levl 8 max n wuld b warmish.if she wants all her blonde levl 10 were tha brown buildup is u gota eitha bleach n 6%(i recomend 6%) or 9% dependin on condition n how quick u want to be.the 6% should get u there lyk the 9% it will justtake longer but better 4 the hair,if ur in any doubt put in a squirt of 9%.all the best chicken youll be fine xx let me no how ya go xx:green::green::green::green::green:

Last edited:
hi ya,
thanxs hun for your advice,i really appreciate it:lol::lol:. I explain to the lady that it could come out yellowish/orange as her base is 5,its more yellow than orange,she now wants the top more blonde than brown:confused:so wat i was thinking is hightlight the top with bleach again to lift some of the brown with 9 percent,then take the advice you have said either 10/81 or 10/18.,do you think that will achieve the lightest of blonde?i.e light as 10?
thanxs for your help:green::green:

hey hun your spot on! i rekon 10/81 would b your best bet as u seem 2 have more yellow 2 get rid of than violet. in tha 1st number afta the slash, is tha strongest n the 2nd bein not as strong, so with that little bit of 1 [ash], the orange wil b dealt with.dont stress babe youll do a great job dont forget,tha mix in concentrates if u think theres any possibility of stuffing up or shes not taking quick enuf,just ad bout a 1cm 2 your left over toner mixture n use 3% insted of 1.9% as far as geting a level 10 with the bleach, it has to liftto a REALLY pale yellow,like the inside of a banana skin lol othawise it wil be 2 dark and toning would just b a temporary solution:confused::green::green:all tha best of luck huni!,n REMEMBER...breath:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:lol let me no how ya go:green::green::green:xx

Last edited:
Thanks hunni:lol:
I will do that i'll us 3 percent,I'll have my eyes close while its taking lol:rolleyes:,she gonna let me know next wk when she wants it done.. so i'd let ya know the outcome!! ,A very big thank-you:green::green::green::green:

Hi little mad, if you do bleach it up a bit more and can get it up to the inside of a banana skin
then yes you can also put the colour fresh silver in 0/6 all over the hair without it affecting the choclate parts , as you are right it has no peroxide in

after washing off the bleach apply to towel dried damp hair
on the roots for ten, then if needed take it through the ends for five or ten mins ,
it wont lift or alter the chocolate colour it will just tone the blonde bits like you said ,
as long as you can bring it up to a pale cream with the bleach this would be great to use :hug: x minky

no worriez babe just keep me updated!!good luck:green::green::green::green:

Latest posts

Back