Advice on colour vs highlights on my own hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajshard

Reaction score
I have naturally dark auburn hair, for the past year I have been having blonde highlights, having more and more all the time. My hair grows quickly and my roots are dark within a few weeks. The hairdresser uses a cap, puts a colour on that turns my hair orangey then rinses and colours again, is this the best method for covering roots?

Is it possible to have a root treatment only? or could I now convert to having the whole lot coloured even tho I have lots of highlights already.

Im confused at what to do, I like it blonde but hate the roots and I cant afford highlights every 3 weeks and surely this would damage my hair?

Are there any 'home' kits i could safely use to lighten my roots between appointments?

Thanks
AJ x

Personally if your darker naturally you shud stay closer to your natural hair colour rather than doing the opposite...box colours are naughty do not use them! Also your hairdresser uses a cap? Right? How long is your hair? If it's any longer than 3 inches long you should be having foils as caps are lazy on long hair... Pm me if you need further advice x

Last edited:
We dont recommend any home kits as this is a professional forum thanks;)

A good hairdresser should be able to foil your highlights right to the scalp. Caps went out with the ark.

Time for a better hairdresser maybe?

Latest posts

Back