Advice on compensation for a nail disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathi44

Bliss
Reaction score
I'm in need of some advice.....
Earlier this week I did a gel polish mani for a client and to say it was horrendous is an understatement. I was using Gelaze and firstly the application was awful.... the polish was very patchy and I just couldn't get good coverage. Then it wouldn't cure. The first coat cured Ok but I ended up having to do 3 coats to get it to cover and having cured the top coat it was still tacky and actually coming off on the wipe.
Anyway, after she left I did the same polish on myself and, although the application was still a bit iffy, it cured fine (so it's not my lamp, which I thought was most likely)
The treatment took far longer than it should of and because of the terrible finish I did discount the treatment (by 10 euros) The client was lovely about it and said they still looked nice but I was mortified.
I got in touch with her today to ask how the nails were looking and she said the top coat had peeled off (?!) and one of her nails the entire polish had peeled off. Unbelievably she's still being really nice about it !
Anyway, as I say, I've already discounted the initial treatment but should I offer her something else too..... eg. a free file & polish, gift voucher, etc etc She's a new client and I really don't want to lose her (or have her tell other people about her crap experience with me!) I feel awful about it.
What would you do???
TIA x

I would offer her her In to get them redone and mayb half price on her next visit!

In this instance I would remove them and d them again for free ... Are you confident you can do them to a good standard?

The first time I used Gelaze that's what happened to me. Lucky it was only my nans nails that I tried it out on. I have used gelaze on myself about 2wks ago and the polish itself is not very good it kept peeling off well before 2weeks. In regards to your client I would offer her a free treatment and use a different brand polish.

Free treatment, I had something similar with a client but the whole thing was a mystery cos when I tried it on myself it worked fine but I knew as I was applying it it just wasn't working for some unknown reason. Don't feel bad about it I did my lady a different colour in the same brand and it was fine, and customer was happy x

Agree with the free treatment. As she's a new client and she's been so nice it's hopefully a good way to win her round x

Thanks so much for your advice :)
I will offer her a free treatment, as you suggest. You've also confirmed what I suspected..... that I need to rethink my gel polish brand. I really don't want to use a brand that I can't be 100% confident in. You've all made me feel a lot better about it though :) x

Latest posts

Back