Advice on spray tanning at a one day event.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss ellie

Reaction score
Hi everyone! First ever post but I REALLY need some help, so here goes ...

I've been asked by my local Enterprise Centre to participate in an event called Ten Minute Angels - basically, ladies pay a minimum donation of £10 which goes to a cancer charity and they are entitled to a maximum of three 10 min treatments. (Offering their services will be hairdressers, beauty & holistic therapists, bra fitters, style consultants etc.)

So I will be hoping to promote my business & gain some bookings as well as supporting the charity. (There is a welcome pack for each guest into which I can pop biz cards, leaflets etc.) My plan was to patch test those interested in a spray tan & do the tan a minimum of 1 hour later, providing that there are no other contraindications of course. I had thought about just face & chest (using 10% which suits most people) - so I don't use loads of solution. But now I'm wondering is it a good idea at all - should I maybe just pop some cards down, offer a voucher for a raffle & stay away. Is there anything I haven't thought of & has anyone done something similar and with what results.

If you've got this far, thank you for being patient with me on my first contribution to this fantastic site! x

I would double check with your insurance company to see if they are happy with your patch testing method (1hr before). They are most likely to say go by what your training manual says.
It could be quite good for you if it is people who are likely to come back to you, but in my limited experience with these things a lot of people don't really like to get the spray tan done at an event and tend to go more for nails etc. Things that won't affect their makeup lol. Could be worth it for exposure etc though if local, will get your name out there :) xx

Hello & welcome to geekland :green:

I've never done spray tanning at a charity event before so can't really say the best way to do it re patch tests & all that. Maybe some other tan tech will come along & advise you.

Over the years though I have done many of these charity pamper thingies & find that the best way to get ongoing business from it is to run a competition.

I print off & laminate a poster with the details of the prize and get as many people as possible to fill in the entry form. I make sure I include a bit at the bottom asking for their permission to add them to my marketing database.

After the event, I pick out one main winner then write a letter to everybody else offering them a good incentive to book in. The response rate is usually very high. One time I sent out 10 runners up letters & got all 10 to phone to make an appointment. Something like 6 of those then re-booked :green:

The treatments I've offered have usually been either nail paint or an eyebrow wax. I find that people will get their nails painted but will NEVER make an appointment. With the eyebrow waxing, I get them queuing up plus get a good re-book rate.

A lot of these events are trial & error so whatever you decide to do, good luck with it all & be sure to keep us informed :)

Fab advice Sarah :) xxx

Thanks for all your tips & advice!

Latest posts

Back