Advice on where I stand- problem client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayley taylor

Reaction score
Hey
How do you deal with problem client? girl specifically asked for budget hair I advise she had to use correct stuff do not use anything else because it was budget hair! Used what she wanted (admitted she used salon stuff which is no doubt clarifying, so they went dry she etc) after 4 days she asked if she could get the left over hair put in but then further down line told me the hair was going like that after 2 days so why you would want more hair in if there was a problem) anyway she told me when she was free I rearranged people twice to fit her in for her to say no she wasn't free, 3rd time I had to cancel her so she's due in this weeek to I have hair removed, supplier is replacing her full set of hair as a goodwill gesture but I refused to fit them free as it wasn't my fault so that was a moan so now she's having them removed and just wants new hair (not fitted) but I've had attitude and off her the other day- tbh I don't even want to remove them for her but I have hunted high n low for advice of where I stand with and can't find anything- I'm removing then free btw. I have bent backwards from day 1 have all messages to show. i also advised under no circumstances will a refund be provided as she never listened or read aftercare I went over with her x

Personally, I would remove them, give her the new set and just let her go.

It's also very good of the hair provider to supply you with a new set, I had a similar issue with a supplier and they wouldn't even let me send the hair back for testing (needless to say I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now!)

Seriously though.. if she's causing you that much stress and doesn't want you to try and rectify the problem I would just let her go elsewhere but explain why you can't offer a refund as the hair has been replaced and you did fit them for her in the first place so it's paid for the time you spent fitting. Xx

Hey
How do you deal with problem client? girl specifically asked for budget hair I advise she had to use correct stuff do not use anything else because it was budget hair!

There's your problem in a nutshell.
She wants the luxury of a five star hotel with a sea view but only prepared to pay 2 star back alley prices.

Your only hope with these types of clients is to firmly lower their hopelessly unrealistic expectations at the beginning and show them that you get what you pay for with hair extensions. She needs to understand the difference between cheap budget hair and luxury, high end hair.

I wouldn't break my neck trying to fit her in at this stage but give her a couple of options and tell her to choose one of them. If she cancels again, tell her your next available appt. is in a months time.

Honestly The stress is unreal. Thanks I just wanted to check I wasn't being unrealistic. I started out in April so as you can imagine things are learning your mistakes one of which is I don't offer the budget brand I'm not cheapest and don't try to me because this is the clientele I don't want lol lesson learned thanks girls xx

Shes probably done other stuff to the hair and not let on! She sounds like a messer.

Latest posts

Back