Advice please re getting more business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielajessy

Reaction score
HI GIRLS,I"M REALLY DISAPOINTED......I"M QUALAFIEN GEL NAIL TECHNICIAN AND A FRIEND OF MINE OPEN A HAIR AND NAIL SALON,I START WORKING 2 WEEKS AGO AND I HAVE ONLY 3 CLIENTS I RELLY THINKING OF QUITING BUT I INVEST TO MUCH MONEY IN PRODUCTS .....I FORGET TO SAY THAT WE ARE DOOING HALF FROM MY PROFIT AND I DON2T PAY HIM THE RENT.THE SALON IS IN CENTER OF TOWN{DUBLIN}AND IS A VERRY POPULAR STREET.I DON"T NOW WHAT TO DO TO ATRACT CLIENTS ANYMORE,I HAVE NICE ADVERTISE WHIT PRICE LIST ON THE WINDOW AND I PUT A GOOD PRICE.ANY ADVICE PLEASSE........[sorry for my poor english]:cry::cry::cry:

Don't give up love, there are many things you can do. You can plaster the town with fliers. Have you thought of doing an opening special? An example would be to offer a free pedicure with every set of new nails, or free nail art, etc. I wouldn't suggest discounting your prices, as you are worth every penny you earn - but everyone loves a freebie!

Don't give up love, there are many things you can do. You can plaster the town with fliers. Have you thought of doing an opening special? An example would be to offer a free pedicure with every set of new nails, or free nail art, etc. I wouldn't suggest discounting your prices, as you are worth every penny you earn - but everyone loves a freebie!
i don"t do pedicure but i have a special offer every 3rd visit 10%off or a nail art free,and i have really good prieces 45E for french gel nails[in irish nail bar the full set is 70e]i just hope that it will start to work ,thanks for advice and i will let you now how things are gooing:)

You have to remember that it is only your second week. And economies are tough everywhere right now.

I can definately relate to you, I'm in a great location, but don't have much of a clientele.

If I were you I would visit local resturants, coffee shops, boutiques, and colleges around your area and hand out your cards. Ask them if you could leave some brochures with them.

Also, get a sandwhich board and put it outside your salon on the sidewalk (or somewhere near the front door) and put a little catchy announcement saying your there and this is what you do. And if you are the only tech in your salon, get a list of all the hair clients and send out announcements and tell them about your services.

thanks girls,i will try to do like you tell me and hope things will improve,i will let you now how i"m doing,:)

Latest posts

Back