Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellymac

Reaction score
Im very new to Nails and just trying to establish myself, Iv picked up a few clients already but only done enhancements on 2 paying customers both of whom I know so they understand I am still training really.

Anyway an old friends Mum called today hoping I would be able to do her nails, the problem is she suffers very bad with arthritis and is on alot of medication which causes her nails to be very weak and splitting. She would love enhancements and Ill be honest she did ask if I could do them today but the last thing I want to do is cause further damage when I am still pretty inexperienced SO i know this is terrible but I said unfortunately I am unavailaible today( wanted to get advice first) but I have booked her in for April before she goes on her hols.

What is your experience with this? And would I be able to do enhancements on such damaged nails?

Kelly

Have you actually seen her nails? Enhancements are great for weak and splitting nails as long as you do not damage them further. Why would you?

If you think your skills are not up to it then do not do this client.

The bigger problem for her is whether or not you will cause her Pain when doing the enhancements? You must be careful with this condition. For that you will need to consult with her.

Im very new to Nails and just trying to establish myself, Iv picked up a few clients already but only done enhancements on 2 paying customers both of whom I know so they understand I am still training really.

Anyway an old friends Mum called today hoping I would be able to do her nails, the problem is she suffers very bad with arthritis and is on alot of medication which causes her nails to be very weak and splitting. She would love enhancements and Ill be honest she did ask if I could do them today but the last thing I want to do is cause further damage when I am still pretty inexperienced SO i know this is terrible but I said unfortunately I am unavailaible today( wanted to get advice first) but I have booked her in for April before she goes on her hols.

What is your experience with this? And would I be able to do enhancements on such damaged nails?

Kelly

I have several ladies who suffer from arthritis and have knobbly joints on their fingers. I am careful how I hold the fingers concerned and ask the client as I work to ensure they are comfortable. Having enhanced their nails they feel better about their hands.

Hth Julie

I have several ladies who have "knobbly knuckles" and I am careful where I hold them, I ask them to tell me if anything's uncomfortable . . . sometimes the area will look a little pink/red if it's sore but sometimes it's always like that from the pressure.

I have one lady who was of the opinion that it wasn't worth enhancing her nails as her knuckles were so knobbly, but I spun it round and told her that I thought the opposite, with beautifully enhanced nails the attention would be drawn away from the knuckles . . . . she's been having them done for about 3 years now and always wears beautiful polish!

Latest posts

Back