Advise needed it's a long one!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzybaby

Reaction score
Hello geeks
I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place I hope so,
I have such a dilemma and need advice!!!!

I have been practising nails now for 4 years starting with gel Brisa and advancing to liquid and powder.

I have always found liquid and powder extremely difficult to grasp.

I began with creative doing a 121 course, 2006 but my confidence was so low as Gel is totally different that I fell at the first hurdle and gave up for a year!!!

My next experiance was a year later I trained again 121 with an ex educator for ezflow. I did a three day intensive course and gained some skills.

I had alot of problems with lifting so again my brush and me parted and I pursued another avenue.

But my passion is nails I really want to be a good if not fantastic nail technician so I booked with Youngs again 121 course for the day I June this year.

I felt I was finally on the right track as they showed me the reverse technique which took my smile line problem away and there is no lifting.

everything has been going ok I gave up my other business which was catering to concentrate on my passion Beauty and nails
I have been producing what I consider to be passable nails.

I was mostly doing glitter tips and sculpting. Not many pink and white.
But then yesterday everything has gone distasterous!!!!

My sister wanted pink and white so I tried to do her a set of sculpts and they were terrible!! No matter what technique I tried reverse and standard! so we soaked them off.

I didn't let this deter me outwardly even tho inside panic was setting in thinking what was going on why were they so bad!!!

I sat up last night trying to perfect my smile lines on tips so I would be more confident today and be able to practise white first then pink as to be honest this feels better to me but I can't seem to grasp it.

She returned today and I tried this way first Horrendous smile lines so I reverted to the reverse application again they were terrible!!!
I had to soak them off!!!

My sister said to me she doesn't know whats happened to me as I was doing quite well
I am in 38 now and I feel maybe I will never be a good nail technician.

I Look in the gallery at all the beautiful nails everybody produces
What am I doing wrong???
Why can't I get my hands to do what my eyes want them to???
thanks for reading
x x:grr:

hiya Hun

I think everyone is criticial of there own work the only advice i can give is dont give up practice makes perfect
I know we all say this but the more you do the more you will perfect your skills
dont give up babe we are all here to help you along the way

I have to say that when i started 8 years ago nails were the worst thing ever to me i would be intears and ready to give up and go back to coucseling but i wanted so much to do everything that i practised and tried and practised more and now i can produce lovely nails that last and last, just keep going with it and you will get there eventutaly if it is your harts deisier nothing can stop you, (sorry for the spelling im dyslexic)

Hello geeks
I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place I hope so,
I have such a dilemma and need advice!!!!

I have been practising nails now for 4 years starting with gel Brisa and advancing to liquid and powder.

I have always found liquid and powder extremely difficult to grasp.

I began with creative doing a 121 course, 2006 but my confidence was so low as Gel is totally different that I fell at the first hurdle and gave up for a year!!!

My next experiance was a year later I trained again 121 with an ex educator for ezflow. I did a three day intensive course and gained some skills.

I had alot of problems with lifting so again my brush and me parted and I pursued another avenue.

But my passion is nails I really want to be a good if not fantastic nail technician so I booked with Youngs again 121 course for the day I June this year.

I felt I was finally on the right track as they showed me the reverse technique which took my smile line problem away and there is no lifting.

everything has been going ok I gave up my other business which was catering to concentrate on my passion Beauty and nails
I have been producing what I consider to be passable nails.

I was mostly doing glitter tips and sculpting. Not many pink and white.
But then yesterday everything has gone distasterous!!!!

My sister wanted pink and white so I tried to do her a set of sculpts and they were terrible!! No matter what technique I tried reverse and standard! so we soaked them off.

I didn't let this deter me outwardly even tho inside panic was setting in thinking what was going on why were they so bad!!!

I sat up last night trying to perfect my smile lines on tips so I would be more confident today and be able to practise white first then pink as to be honest this feels better to me but I can't seem to grasp it.

She returned today and I tried this way first Horrendous smile lines so I reverted to the reverse application again they were terrible!!!
I had to soak them off!!!

My sister said to me she doesn't know whats happened to me as I was doing quite well
I am in 38 now and I feel maybe I will never be a good nail technician.

I Look in the gallery at all the beautiful nails everybody produces
What am I doing wrong???
Why can't I get my hands to do what my eyes want them to???
thanks for reading
x x:grr:

Have you completed a full Foundation Course? Did you do a Brisa Foundation, then an L & P conversion? Or maybe you have only done 1-to-1?

How many sets do you think you have done over the 4 years? You really have to be doing several sets per week in order to improve your technique, can you give us a little more info?

You certainly seem to have the passion and determination to be successful, maybe it's only training that's the prob?

Have you completed a full Foundation Course? Did you do a Brisa Foundation, then an L & P conversion? Or maybe you have only done 1-to-1?

How many sets do you think you have done over the 4 years? You really have to be doing several sets per week in order to improve your technique, can you give us a little more info?

You certainly seem to have the passion and determination to be successful, maybe it's only training that's the prob?

Hi Fiona
thankyou for your reply and also thanks to the others for your replies and support it means so much to me at this time.

My nail hisory is as follows
I trained with my college to learn Gel and fibreglass. I achieved an outstanding achievement for my nails at college The products we used
at the college were Alan Roy products.
I then Started working in a salon and setting up a mobile beauty business in Essex where I used to live and began to use IBD gel.

In 2004 I went to the show in London and met up with the Creative team who introduced me to Brisa.
I realised what a fantastic Gel this was and bought the sets there and then.
I then did a conversion course with Treacy Lega (sorry about spelling) in Essex which was great.

At the show I watched a demo of Sam sweet performing the pink and white liquid and powder on aone nail I was mesmerised by the ease he did this and wanted to produce nails as perfect as that!!!

The rest of the training I have listed.
When I did the Youngs training I was also trained to use the E file but I don't like using it at all because it produces more dust IMO

I want to shape with my brush not a file

I have just booked on to a conversion course with creative on September 4th as I have just spoke to an advisor and she thinks I may have been shown so many ways that I'm abit lost

sorry it's another long one!!!

Thanks for reading
:hug::hug:

Good girl.. don't give up.. you can do this... more training never hurt anyone and CND is IMO the best... once you have been shown a few more times you will be fine..
4th september is not to far away so ggod luck with it.

practice practice practice thats me and i am slowly getting there ,if you what it keep going. good luck.

Latest posts

Back