Advise re Training .. Desperate for advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie2007

Reaction score
Hi, hope you can offer some advice, Im a mature career changer (39 !!) I have done NVQ 2 in hairdressing a few years back but never completed it to obtain the certificate due to bereavement at the time. I have always been interested in hairdressing and really want to get back into it.

My question is, I know I can do training at college part time evening, but I have to work full time (no other option) and this would take two years to complete and last time I didn't feel confident enough to attempt to look for work in a salon plus its getting the customers to come into the college and have their hair done!! I have looked into private training (I live on the outskirts of London) and although it is expensive £6-7000 the training would be either full time in a working salon over 24 weeks - in Alan D Salon another one is SAKS - I would have to do evening training at SAKS as their day time course is £9000 but the evening part time course for one year is £6500.

Do you think this is a reasonable amount of money for the level of training :confused:

Hi , it does seem like a an awful lot of money to pay out
but it could be worth it,
is the training accredited to NVQ standards ?

Perhaps go and look around first and make sure it is what you want ?
could you agree to a trial period before you pay out all your money ?
or is it possible to pay in installments?

I have only ever been to Andrew Collinges Advanced cutting and Colouring two day private courses and they were expensive but excellent,

I think you could probably make a better choice than most about your training at the place you like ,

as you already have some prior knowledge about hairdressing ,

I hope you find the right path which is best for you ,

good luck :hug: x minky

How long ago did you do your course,it might be worth ringing a local college to find out if you can pick up where you left off,i think it's three years to be able to do so :idea:

an i ask !! I have done NVQ level 1 abd 2 at college.. I would like to do a refresher course, but i can not find any in my area. Could i repeat the NVq level 2 again to refresh my skills. I am not sure if you can do the course again if you have already do in=t once and got the certificate ??

:hug: i was a mature student in my late 30s now 39 and been qualified for 3 years iv done my training at coll local i would look into this way it worked for me. i did level one and two andenjoyed every min :hug: good look and happy geeking im applyingto do media make up in sept at coll and im 40 in may its just a number:hug: q

Latest posts

Back