Affinage colour remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair2u

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
A quick question. Does anyone know if the step 3 in the affinage colour removing process is okay 2 use. It's just that I know with the rusk colour remover that no one uses the step 3 in this kit, as it makes the hair go black. Just wondered if the affinage is likely to do the same. Does anyone have any tips for using the affinage product, as I have not used it before.xx

It only goes black if you havnt removed all th colour molecules

Ok thx. So as long as I leave it on for the recommended time?:)

And rinse really well

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Test a small section with the third product if it goes dark again you need to redo it again with bottles one and two

I have used this on a client a year ago and I used just a regular shampoo,(cant remember what it was) and it went straight back to black after applying the post eraser, was so disappointing!! And a complete waste of money…
However I learned from my mistake and last week I took someone from 1A to a 7RV using Affinage Colour Eraser but when it came to the washing off point I used Marix Alternate Action Clarifying Shampoo, and it worked a treat lifted practically all of the black out and definitely didn’t go back to black.
I did the same thing on Monday with a girl going from a 3N to 8P with Highlights and again used Matrix Alternate Action and it worked fine.
I think the secret is in the washing, off rinse it for ages and ages and use a good clarifying shampoo and it should be fine.

The length of time spent rinsing the hair is vital. Don't just assume you've rinsed it for long enough.

I use a timer to make sure I rinse for the required period and I've never had problems with subsequent colour applications.

Are all instructions in the box as my friend (also a hairdresser) wants to use it and wants me to apply it but never used it (she has but cant remember much)

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back