Airbase make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrogers

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am sooooooo excited about going to professional beauty in a fortnight! Having worked 7 days a week or the past 4 years I have always missed it but this year I will be first in the queue and cannot wait!

One of the things on my to do list is to visit the airbase make up stand. I have been looking to do an airbrush make up course for a few months now and I have noticed that they have an offer on at PB where you buy the professional kit and you get a free case and a free days training which is tempting. I just wondered if anyone currently uses this brand and could give me some advice on what they think. Although I am make up trained I don't currently offer this as a service and by training in airbase I was hoping this could start my kit. At the moment I am a beauty lecturer in a college and a mobile therapist. To those geeks who use air base... Do you apply it to yourself daily?

Would you suggest going straight to buy the professional kit or start with the home use kit first? Any advice/tips are appreciated.

Jody xx

I don't know what the difference is between the kits but if you want to offer it as a service you'll probably want all the foundation colours (they're quite pricey to buy individually).

The training is great, 1 day and you learn the technique of the airbrush etc but after that you need practice.

I don't use it on myself, I think it can look quite heavy and it settles in every line! But I haven't practiced it enough though.

I don't know what the difference is between the kits but if you want to offer it as a service you'll probably want all the foundation colours (they're quite pricey to buy individually).

The training is great, 1 day and you learn the technique of the airbrush etc but after that you need practice.

I don't use it on myself, I think it can look quite heavy and it settles in every line! But I haven't practiced it enough though.

You must always brush it in wherever there are lines, especially around the eyes.

Its a lovely product and because its silicone based it moves with your face and does not settle into lines or look caked on if applied properly.

I have the professional kit in my salon and it is fab for brides and proms. It does look flawless and it feels very light with very good coverage.

I don't wear a lot of make up but I do use ithis on myself every day. I use a couple of drops on the back of my hand and brush it in.

Jacqui xx

I would go for the full kit too so you're set up from the start and getting the case free is a really good incentive.

I don't wear makeup all of the time but when I do wear foundation its always Airbase so I can show my clients and its especially good if I go for a night out because I know my makeup will stay looking the same right to the end and no embarassing pictures of a patchy face.

Salj, if the application looks heavy and shows up in lines it may be that you're applying too thick. When I first started I did the same but with practice found that several thin layers looked much better and still gave good coverage whilst feeling light on the clients skin.

Thanks guys, I know I need much more practice with it, I wouldn't be comfortable really using it on a bride yet. I'll try the brushing tip, thanks.

When I did my training the girl was spraying for ages so I know that's why it looked crazy when I saw it in the daylight! hahaha.

Brilliant thank you for all your help and advice!! I cannot wait to get started! I am hoping the airbase stand will be able to show me a demo on the day so I can see the application and the look of the make up. Due to my job I like to apply a full face of make up daily so I am hoping that with this make up being silicone based it will prevent me having to 'top up' several time sthroughout the day. :)

I use airbase and luminess air. I love airbrush make-up! My friend who has been doing it years taught me! I love it. Luminess is much lighter and more natural but I prefer Airbase, covers well! Stays on so great for Brides. I use it on myself but brush it. I haven't got the time to clean the machine each time!!! But spray it on for nights out or special occasions! I've had several bookings for make-up just because I do airbrushing! It's the way forward! At the show they have the deal mentioned and a special price for either the brush or foundation! I'm goning buy another foundation in my colour so I can keep wearing it to show my clients! Good luck!

Oooooo brilliant thank you so much for your reply :) ! I cannot wait to try it :) loads of people are asking me about it so I guess that's speaks for itself!

Latest posts

Back