Airbrush tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickcafc

Reaction score
Hi, any views, for or against on the virtues of using an airbrush for tanning? I am newly trained with a brush and finding it sooo slow. Thanks, Mick.

I just don't see the point in airbrush tanning when their are HVLP's that do a quicker job and offer better economy. The only reason I would use an airbrush for tanning would be for contouring. It just seems a little out dated tbh. Just my opinion though :)

Apparently airbrushes are what all the celebrity tanners use. Must agree spray guns are much easier and faster, but the finish isnt as good.

Apparently airbrushes are what all the celebrity tanners use. Must agree spray guns are much easier and faster, but the finish isnt as good.

I think it depends on your place in the market. My clients are fairly price & time sensitive so would not pay more for essentially the same treatment that takes longer to complete. Celeb's are in a different league, wouldn't mind some off their business though. If it would make me more money then I would probably take it on. After researching it a couple of years ago I really don't think the investment would be worthwhile for my business. If you have a market for it then I'd definitely pursue it further :)

Thanks for your views Lil'Gem. Must admit it will take a hell of a lot of sessions to recoupe the outlay. We live and learn. Have a good night, Mick.

I've always airbrushed and I find it amazing. Never do a bad tan. Very difficult to streak it no matter what solution you use! I honestly can't fault it

Latest posts

Back