Airbrush Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpie

Reaction score
I do normal glitter tattoos with stencils but was wondering if anyone on geek does the airbrush tattoos and where they get their supplies?

Il be interested to know this :)
How do u go about the stencil ones?? How do you apply?? (I have no clue!!) are the supplies expensive ?? Xx

where can I get stencils for kids and the glue + glitter?

xx

glitterbodyart are suppliers of stencils/glitter/glue etc., its much cheaper for you to buy the 100 pack which you can choose your designs they work out @18p each, bargain! Armkandi is another site although these are quite such good quality but his range is fantastic.
I do all the local shows and school fetes with these, crystal body tattoos and airbrush tats, with compressor. The majority of your customers are children, stood with parents mainly mums, so I give a tanning card to everyone i deal with, its such a cheap and fun way to advertise your tanning business. Offer a free tan voucher as part of the organisers raffle for a prize, look fab with your tan on and a sign written t-shirt etc....car alongside you sign written and it helps hugely.
You place the glue on stencil, let it go tacky for 15 secs or so, add glitter....if client wants more than one colour glitter simply glue each part of stencil in turn and add one colour at a time starting with lightest colour first. If you are at all creative its a lovely little extra to offer, I do these from my tanning studio as well, the gemtoos with crystals are very popular. I build my own using swarovski crystals and stencils and also buy in vajazzles ready made tattoos so I can apply or customers can take and d.i.y!

glitterbodyart are suppliers of stencils/glitter/glue etc., its much cheaper for you to buy the 100 pack which you can choose your designs they work out @18p each, bargain! Armkandi is another site although these are quite such good quality but his range is fantastic.
I do all the local shows and school fetes with these, crystal body tattoos and airbrush tats, with compressor. The majority of your customers are children, stood with parents mainly mums, so I give a tanning card to everyone i deal with, its such a cheap and fun way to advertise your tanning business. Offer a free tan voucher as part of the organisers raffle for a prize, look fab with your tan on and a sign written t-shirt etc....car alongside you sign written and it helps hugely.
You place the glue on stencil, let it go tacky for 15 secs or so, add glitter....if client wants more than one colour glitter simply glue each part of stencil in turn and add one colour at a time starting with lightest colour first. If you are at all creative its a lovely little extra to offer, I do these from my tanning studio as well, the gemtoos with crystals are very popular. I build my own using swarovski crystals and stencils and also buy in vajazzles ready made tattoos so I can apply or customers can take and d.i.y!

hi...would you be able to do a glitter tattoo straight after a tan??

hi...would you be able to do a glitter tattoo straight after a tan??
No, you can't do it after the tan because the tanning solution will prevent the glue/tattoo from sticking. Also, the stencil (if not freehand) will remove the tanning solution.

You can do the tattoo before a spray tan but if the glitter tattoo is removed before the tan has faded, it will obviously leave a white mark where the tattoo was. If they are prepared to leave it on, it shouldn't make any difference because the tattoo will probably last longer than the tan anyway.

ok thanks...so if i were to put the tattoo on first & then do a tan. would the tattoo not have tan spray on it aswell? or is there some kind of cover over it? lol...sorry if this sounds really thick!! Im really intrigued by this & will gonna do some research into it so that i can maybe offer these aswell. :)

sorry sharpie...i didnt mean to tak over your thread :( xx

so if i were to put the tattoo on first & then do a tan. would the tattoo not have tan spray on it aswell

Yes, but will but the colour guide washes off the tattoo in the same way as it does the skin and the tattoo will be fine. I haven't used white glitter when doing one before a spray tan, but have had no problems with any other colour glitters.

Hi geeks,
I know this is a silly question but can anyone kindly give me a newbie step by step version of airbrushing and glitter tattoos pls
looking into the airbrush tattoos and i would like more information if possible. :)

Latest posts

Back