All beauty therapists, what's your worst and best treatment to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbeauty89

Reaction score
I hate waxing its sticky and messy . I don't mind the little things like eyebrows.

I love massage but hate it if I have it back to back. Right now my hands and arms are wobbly because ive been doing it all morning :(

I love Gel manicures and pedicures
Eyelash extensions are fun but time consuming!
I also love facials :) I like to see a day full of facials :)

I only do waxing and spray tanning.

I love hot waxing, and could happily just do intimate waxing all day long, I'm getting really confident with it now.

I hate strip waxing, I only do legs with strip wax, I find it fiddly and messy, I don't get many clients yet for leg waxing so find it hard to get into a rhythm with it, and I just don't enjoy it. The ones I have done though have seemed happy and rebooked so it's probably just a confidence issue with me. I'm determined to get better at it and have just put an offer on to try and get myself doing a few more.

I also love tanning, it's quick and easy and while the tent is up its a good excuse to get a tan myself - I get my husband to spray me.

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love waxing because it's so lucrative!

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I love everything except massage because it's boring.
Hollywoods are my favourite and I do around 25 a week this time of year, more in the summer.

I didn't enjoy massage or spray tanning but I was fortunate enough to be able to drop them both.

I am not a huge fan of pedis back to back all day every day as it's back breaking but I'd never totally dropp them.

Give me skincare and waxing all day long!

I hate massage and fortunately don't offer it, t'was the most boring treatment I'd ever learnt, massaging my fella is enough of a chore and at least he returns the favour!! 😂

My fave treatment is acrylic enhancements, I love doing them especially something new AND capturing a good picture of them - if the picture is rubbish they seem worthless 😁

I try not to offer nail appointments on an evening so for evening work I like to do back to back tanning, nice, quick easy way of bumping the weekly wage up.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I LOVE tanning this is the treatment I do most and I'm most well known for I love that it's quick and a real money earner as others have said it soon bumps the income up!

I am also really enjoying nails it's taken me 8 years to get into them but it's happening and this year I'm going to learn nail art and brush up on my acrylic work as I find I'm abit to heavy handed with it so only offer gel!

I can't stand pedicures I just don't enjoy them at all I havnt taken them off my price list as I don't want to give a client an excuse to go elsewhere but I have over priced it.

I've taken all off my menu that I didn't enjoy doing.. eyelash extensions.. old style nail polish.. luxury pedicures.. full massage.. doing out of salon weddings

thinking of dropping gel polish, back massage and make up

concentrating on waxing, tans and then facials and nail wraps as something extra

Hated doing waxing so took it off my price list. Hated pedicures so took them off too. Still do gel polish on toes but dislike that although can't really drop it.

I love doing the treatments that earn me the most money 😂 HD Brows, Epibrows SPMU, cryolipo, RF skin tightening etc! x

I love waxing and nails and tanning (takes like 15 mins so is a good earner). I hate massag,its so bloody boring. I don't mind facials but Still find them mind numbingly boring. Thankfully I work in a hair/beauty salon and we don't do them because its too loud with the hairdryers.

I hated hard gel nail enhancements so dropped them.

Im not so keen on bikini waxing but i think thats a confidence thing, im thinking of booking onto a kim lawless intimate waxing course.

I love massage, gel polish and doing nail art, facials, and i think my favourite treatment is reflexology x

I love reflexology and massage ( but not hot stones - too fiddly). Facials go quickly. Hate doing hollywood and hard gels

I love waxing massage and facials. I'm not a fan of acrylics, they stink.

I hate massage with a passion I find it so boring also I hate doing nail extensions I find it time consuming

I love love love spray tans , facials , eyebrows and gel nails !! Xx

Love waxing, nails, facials and makeup

Hate massages - been doing it so long it actually hurts so bad on my wrists now

I love Waxing any part of the body but not keen on waxing brows. Tinting is one of my favourites and semi permanent lashes (I find it very therapeutic) I'm doing a lash lift course soon :)

I hated nails completely, so dropped them. I now do mobile eyelash extensions & spray tanning only. I'm much happier.

I have always disliked doing pedis. I am soooo not a feet person! I like my own, but hate touching others' feet and just hate the thought of all the toenails, skin and other crap on the towels etc after! Ha! Oops! 😷

Love facials, it's a pleasure to do - therapeutic for both client and therapist I find.

Love every other beauty treatment though, except a full leg wax! 😱

I like this thread..it's interesting to see how much happier people seem to be when they drop a treatment they hate off the treatment list!

I'm contemplating dropping a couple off my list as they aren't my core business and bring in a different sort of clientele to the ones I'm after.

I nearly dropped aromatherapy due to lack of interest..but it seems to be getting popular again! I'm sticking to facials, massage, aromatherapy, hot stone and waxing.

Acupuncture is getting busy again...so i might have to drop a few others! lol!

I hate waxing legs, although since I started using Perron's roller system it's so much better :) previously I was dripping wax all over the couch, my boobs and my shoes !!! Love facials best of all. Would do them back to back all day if I could <3

Latest posts

Back