Allergic to acrylic, move to gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaynine

Reaction score
Hi again,
I was wondering if a client was ever allergic to L+P (any system) could you use gel on them? Because as far as I know Gel is acrylic just a little further along, maybe not worded right but ya get what I mean and please do correct me if I'm wrong. So I though that the client would also be allergic to gel to some extent.
I was reading through some posts about allergic reaction and it just got me wondering.

Anyone? I know it may seem a stupid question to you but I don't know.

not a stupid question hun :hug:

Acrylic is a general term for L&P but all nail products come under it's name :green:

You could try Brisa Gel as it does not contain Formaldehyde, gluteraldehyde, acids or acrylates which are common known allergens contained in other gels and is beautiful to work with.

You would need to to do a conversion course.Ring Sweet Squared 0845 210 6060 for you nearest Educator
:hug:

Due to overexposure I have devloped an allergy/sensetivity to a lot of monomers ( some much worse than others). The only product I have used on my own nails for the last few months is Brisa gel,
I have been introduced to No blister Monomer by Nfu.oh and for the first time in months I am wearing a set of L&P nails with no reaction.
Both these products get a huge thumbs up from me.
Just out of curiosity ( and 'cause I'm nosey lol ) why do you want to know as it doesnt state in your profile that you are a nail profesional
HTH

Due to overexposure I have devloped an allergy/sensetivity to a lot of monomers ( some much worse than others). The only product I have used on my own nails for the last few months is Brisa gel,
I have been introduced to No blister Monomer by Nfu.oh and for the first time in months I am wearing a set of L&P nails with no reaction.
Both these products get a huge thumbs up from me.
Just out of curiosity ( and 'cause I'm nosey lol ) why do you want to know as it doesnt state in your profile that you are a nail profesional
HTH

I'm training in January, but I was just curious because I though that gel was L+P just pre mixed so to speak so I wondered if someone was allergic to acrylic would that make them automatically allergic to gel? But from the answers I guess it depends on the product and person. But don't worry I would never lay a finger on a finger before being 10000 percent trained.

Traditionally, Gel contains much stronger sensitisers than L&P systems, therefore the general rule of thumb is IF someone is allergic to L&P, avoid use of gel on them.

Saying that, there are exceptions to the rule. As mentioned, Brisa does not contain many of the sensitisers found in gels so that may be OK, but ultimately it does come down to what component the client is actually allergic to and what alternatives you have on hand.

HTHs!

Traditionally, Gel contains much stronger sensitisers than L&P systems, therefore the general rule of thumb is IF someone is allergic to L&P, avoid use of gel on them.

Saying that, there are exceptions to the rule. As mentioned, Brisa does not contain many of the sensitisers found in gels so that may be OK, but ultimately it does come down to what component the client is actually allergic to and what alternatives you have on hand.

HTHs!

Ahhh! Thank you, so you could only really know for sure by a patch test from the manufacture I'm guessing.

Latest posts

Back