Allergic to hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemsey85

Reaction score
Hi all does any one know of a brand that I could use that isn't going to react on my client?

You could try the gay brand xx

Predictive txt lol FAY brand xx

No brand of hair colour is suitable!!! I should know iv been looking for one for 8 years as I'm allergic xx

That's a shame some clients just react to the ammonia so ammonia free sometimes works but in other cases like yours there's no products alson for the op I would stress that you make sure you do a skin test before you try any new brands which I'm sure she knows anyway xx

What a great typo! ;)

I know lol sometimes I read old messages and think what the hell was I talking about and realise my predictive has changed the words lol

Manic panic is supposed to be PPD free according to their website, it's only semi permanent though

Hilights x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koleston perfect innosence xx

Most reactions are to PPD or PTD but Koleston Innosense has neither of these in. You would still need to skin test but in theory, this should be much more likely to avoid reaction.

Hi all does any one know of a brand that I could use that isn't going to react on my client?

I actually have a client who is allergic to colour ie Majirel & inoa etc but she can have koleston.... I don't know why... She just doesn't react to that.!!

Koleston uses PTD whereas I think most other brands use PPD...may be why!

Koleston uses PTD whereas I think most other brands use PPD...may be why!

Can you expand on this haha... What exactly does this mean... And what does this mean she could be allergic to? X

Most reactions are to PPD or PTD but Koleston Innosense has neither of these in. You would still need to skin test but in theory, this should be much more likely to avoid reaction.

Innosense contains a new molecule ME+. There is more about it here...

New hair colourant product with reduced allergy risk | News Inside

The maker does not claim it to be PPD free as this would be dangerously misleading. The molecule is in fact a PPD analogue called 2-Methoxy-methyl-p-phenylenediamine.

Keune Tinta color - Keune are one of the only haircosmetics companies in the world to remove all PPD's from their ranges, resulting in far less allergic reactions. Harder to get hold of unless your salon changes their colour brand as not sold at local distributors in UK.

Innosense uses a chemical called ME+, 2-Methoxy-methyl-p-phenylenediamine, so you shouldn't safely think of it as PPD free - and as per the instructions, you will still need to patch test.

Unfortunately a lot of "ammonia free" brands out there still contain Ammonia in their products. They get away with this by using different language for the same chemicals that make ammonia.
Any chemical that can lift, bleach, deposit into hair is probably harmful in someway.

It is just the nature of the beast.

So I am looking for a ppd free toner ?? Does one exist ? Tks xxx just to use over bleach highlights tks

Latest posts

Back