Allergies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've had an allergy to what I think must be acrylates for a while now as I have quite a bad reaction to gels and acrylics, I've been using Shellac since it launched without any problems and have been able to wear it myself until about a month ago when I started having a reaction.
Ive stopped wearing it myself now but I really don't want to have to stop offering it, I've been wearing nitrile gloves but I'm still having a reaction on one hand.

Does anyone know of any better gloves or anything different I can do to protect my hands better please?

Thank you x

There is a barrier cream you could try called 'Gloves in a bottle' which might help. Maybe apply some and wear the gloves too.

However, I found that the dust from filling caused as many problems (affected my breathing) so I had to stop doing nails altogether.

If it's affecting your health, try to be sensible and weigh up the risks.

Thank you AcidPerm, I'll have a look for that barrier cream and give it a try. Touch wood I don't have any problems with my breathing or anything. Its itching and little blisters on my fingers.

Latest posts

Back