Allergy to Backscratchers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadiejude

Reaction score
Hi all..

Ive recently started using the Extreme Backscratchers Dipping system. On 5 different occasions of using this 2 hours after, I start sneezing, wheezing and have severe congestion for about 2 days, It seems something with this product may be causing it since my symptoms go away then return after I do a set of nails. Im thinking it may be the glaze dyer doing it. Is there another dryer that I might be able to use with this system? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all..

Ive recently started using the Extreme Backscratchers Dipping system. On 5 different occasions of using this 2 hours after, I start sneezing, wheezing and have severe congestion for about 2 days, It seems something with this product may be causing it since my symptoms go away then return after I do a set of nails. Im thinking it may be the glaze dyer doing it. Is there another dryer that I might be able to use with this system? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Are you sure it is not airborne dust irritating your nasal passages ... That woul seem more likely to me. Of course it could be the mist from the dryer. No dust is good to breath and no acetone mist is good to breath either which is why all manufacturers recommend you work with a ventilation extraction system. Do you?

At first I thought it may be the dust from filing but I used to do acrylics and I never experienced this. I haven't had to do a lot of filing with this system to experience a ton of dust. Its just weird that every time this happens its exactly 2 hours after I do a set. It happened Friday, stayed with me til last night. Today I am fine. I would think all sprays are pretty much the same. Ive used Hurry up and OPI Speed Cure with no problems (When I was in school 4 years ago) I did read where it can cause Asthma like symptoms but Im sure they all read that. Ive never had an allergy in my life, never experienced anything like this. Its a horrible feeling, itchy ears, throat and SEVERE congestion. A cold or flu is mild compared to this. But then again a person can develop an allergy overnight. I dont know. I dont want to give up on the system but I cant keep going through this.

So I take it from your answer that you do not work with an extraction ventilation system then. This could improve things for you considerably. Or you could purchase a brush-on activator.

I have the exact same symptoms when using backscratchers but also when I've used some other systems too. I've purchased an extractor but didn't seem to make any difference. Next step is wearing a dust mask to see if that helps. What steps have you taken?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back