Am I right to take Lashes off my list of treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loza789

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm in a bit of a quandry.

I've been doing short courses for about a year and I'm enjoying almost all of it. I offer lashes both party and semi-perm but I jsut can't seem to get to grips with them. I work full time in finance so offer treatments evening and weekends. I only ever do lashes on a weekend as I need to be fresh and fully aware when I'm doing them. I find them so fiddly and time consuming and they are never perfect, which the clients rightly so should expect.

I do nails, tans, threading and soon waxing so should I take lashes off my list? Will I really be missing much?

Have you guys ever thought the same?

I feel that if you lack confidence in a treatment and don't enjoy carrying it out then you are fully entitled to remove it from your list!

I personally detest manicures and all nail related treatments and so I don't offer them. I also think the market is flooded with nail techs who are prepared to charge less for their time than I am.

Unless you have a large clientele who want lashes or regular requests for them which you can't afford to turn down then just don't offer them. I also trained in lashes but quickly decided that life is too short for either stuffing mushrooms or sticking on individual lashes so I won't offer them.

There is nothing worse than that sinking feeling when somebody rings to book your most hated treatment!

PB
X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

thanks Petit,

Over the past year i've added and added to my treatment list. lashes is the one thing I just don't feel i want to offer. I don't get many calls for it and I just don't think i'm any good at it.

You want to give clients what they ask for, but at the same time if i can't 100% guarantee my work then its not worth it.

I think i'll take it of my list and offer some cheap sets to my clients to use up my stock.

That's a shame :( I've just qualified in lashes, they bug me and yes time consuming. Then I look on here at some of the lashes people produce and the money you can charge for them, give me the incentive to keep at it or training would have been a waste. Can you not charge at a model rate?

Maybe in the future you may come back to them and get on with them then?!

Hope I've helped x

How about in your spare time you practise like mad to get it right. It might be a bug bear now, but you'll reap the awards once you do get it. Make it your best treatment rather than your worse. It'll take confidence, but it also takes skill, so do a discounted rate till you feel happy to do it, and you're client get what they want too! its a win win! good luck, if this hasnt inspired you to not give it up! :) xoxo

I've taken lashes off my menu!

Im qualified to spray tan & I'm booked on an acrylic nail, mani & pedi course next month. I'll be sticking at these treatments only.

I couldn't get to grips with lashes & i had many sleepless nights through worry, in the end it just wasn't worth the hassle :eek: it was actually a relief when I sold my beauty bed & got rid of my lash products lol i dont regret giving them up either! x

I think if you aren't enjoying them and lack confidence you are right to take them off.

I only do tanning and people often ask why don't you do this that and the other and I think that's not what I am about I love tanning and love perfecting one thing rather than being ok at lots of things.

Maybe in time you will come back to lashes but for now be happy with what you are doing

Latest posts

Back