Ambermist extractor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahb2701

Reaction score
Anyone used the Ambermist "dual purpose" spray tan extractor unit currently for sale on their website?
Been mobile spray tanning for a little while without an extractor but got a couple of spray tan parties coming up (for about 6+ tans at a time) and am thinking I should get one, especially as will be in someone else's house.
What does everyone think? Any specific opinions of this one? Or any other brands?
Also can anyone recommend a good place to buy second hand beauty equipment. - if such a place exists!
Thanks

It looks like a bit of an upgrade to the one they usually sell and the one I bought off them about 4 years ago.
Its a really good extractor,but quite heavy.I've never seen or used any other so can't compare, but it does remove the spray very well.
Depending on what equipment you are looking for HOF often sell off their showroom and demo equipment you have to register with them to know about the sales though.

Hi Hannahb,
I have just received my Ambermist extractor, is a super extractor and particularly good for tanning parties and multiple clients. It clears the room quickly. The new one is not excessively heavy. Its the same weight as my makeup kit to give you an idea. It's also quiet, so you can still carry on a convo! It's also great for getting rid of nail product smells too. HTH

Hi Hannahb,
I have just received my Ambermist extractor, is a super extractor and particularly good for tanning parties and multiple clients. It clears the room quickly. The new one is not excessively heavy. Its the same weight as my makeup kit to give you an idea. It's also quiet, so you can still carry on a convo! It's also great for getting rid of nail product smells too. HTH

I defiantly going to look into buying one ! Thanks xx

Beauty at your finger tips!

Do you ladies recommend using an extractor? I'm about to go into tanning and want to get it right from the start :). Thx,

Thanks guys! I'm torn between that one and the maximist one at the moment, looks a bit more compact x

Do you ladies recommend using an extractor? I'm about to go into tanning and want to get it right from the start :). Thx,

Everyone iv spoken to thoroughly recommends an extractor, most people have said they regret not getting one sooner. Iv only been doing about 2 - 3 clients at a time so far and my gun has little overspray so it's been manageable but for bigger groups or if tanning in the same place constantly (I'm mobile) it's definitely a must! If your going to be tanning in other peoples houses like me it just eliminates the worry as well, at least you know you've done all you can to minimise overspray. I also have a big black sheet I put down as iv heard horror stories about staining peoples carpets and floors!

Everyone iv spoken to thoroughly recommends an extractor, most people have said they regret not getting one sooner. Iv only been doing about 2 - 3 clients at a time so far and my gun has little overspray so it's been manageable but for bigger groups or if tanning in the same place constantly (I'm mobile) it's definitely a must! If your going to be tanning in other peoples houses like me it just eliminates the worry as well, at least you know you've done all you can to minimise overspray. I also have a big black sheet I put down as iv heard horror stories about staining peoples carpets and floors!

i also recommend using an extractor - a reduction system is definitely beneficial for medium-high volume salons or even mobile spray tan businesses. It makes things more comfortable for myself and my customers

Hi
It is nice to get some great feedback on our new model extractor. We have been selling spray tanning extractors since 2005 when we designed our first model. This new model has a much more powerful and yet lighter motor, easily the lightest on the market with this power. (under 5k) On full speed it is too powerful for spray tanning and will pull solution through the filter and out the machine so you need low speed while spraying and possibly a quick blast on high speed to totally clear the room/tent. We have a new activated carbon filter as well that can be used in nail bars, hairdressers etc to not only clean the air but get rid of the smells.
We offer a 14 day money back guarantee (only company to do this we believe) so if you don't like it we will give you your money back. (never had one back though!)
Ambermist

Hi,
We forgot to mention another unique feature of our new extractor, Remote Control! You can turn it up or down, on or off, from up to 8 mts away!
Ambermist

Hi,
We forgot to mention another unique feature of our new extractor, Remote Control! You can turn it up or down, on or off, from up to 8 mts away!
Ambermist

I found your website and emailed you!
I would love to get this!!

Beauty at your finger tips!

Hi could you recommend one for me I need to clear a small beauty room about 3 times per day. Im in lreland do u deliver

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,
Our extractor would be perfect for you, all warranties etc apply in Ireland, just pm us or email us with your full address and post code and we can get you a delivery price ( usually £13.00 to Ireland). Also if you are in Southern Ireland and you have a valid VAT number you won't pay this tax.
Ambermist

Hi I ordered and received my unit today after just 4 day im so happy..just a quick question..if I do one yan how long should I leave the extractor on to clear all over spray per tan?.:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This looks quite a bit bigger than other spray tan extractors so is it not ment to be placed in the back of a tent but just stand in the room nearby?

Hi I ordered and received my unit today after just 4 day im so happy..just a quick question..if I do one yan how long should I leave the extractor on to clear all over spray per tan?.:)

Hi Bekkif,
You should have received instructions with your unit, if not, give us a call and we will send some over. The Extractor shape and size was designed in 2005, the first for spray tanning, and remains the same. The motor and remote control, filters, etc have all been improved over the years to what we have now. The whole thing is less than 5 kilos and can be used in the back of a pop up tent ( 30cm x 30cm is the perfect size for most tents ) or in the back of our Cube Inflatable Tent. With the Cube though, as virtually all the overspray sticks to the walls and is just wiped down, we recommend that you place the extractor on the floor near the front of the tent to capture any overspray that may come out. You should have the extractor on low speed when spraying, as on full speed it is too powerful and will pull the tan away from your client. If necessary, you can turn the fan up when finished to completely clear the room, but remember to turn it back down when you use it again.
Ambermist

How does everybody who has this extractor find the remote control?
I have to be to the left of the machine & lean in to my tent. Not sure if it's my remote that's temperamental or that's just how it is.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back