Ammonia free hair colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAPirate

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has any useful input on any of the many new ammonia free permanent ranges now available? Persianista are you using chromatics? I'm dubious myself still, tried inoa first time round an hated it! ;)

Surely matrix will be at the same point soon??

I am of the belief hair colour needs ammonia to be good lol-inoa is so hit and miss (mainly miss actually!) I have used Aveda hair colour - I believe also ammonia free and a brand called Delorenzo (an Australian brand) and that was pretty pants especially high lifts and for grey coverage...

X

Surely matrix will be at the same point soon??

Probably they do appear to be synergising ranges between Loreal, Redken & Matrix. Have you tried any? ;)

I am of the belief hair colour needs ammonia to be good lol-inoa is so hit and miss (mainly miss actually!) I have used Aveda hair colour - I believe also ammonia free and a brand called Delorenzo (an Australian brand) and that was pretty pants especially high lifts and for grey coverage...

X

I'm of a fairly similar opinion! Maybe I just need to be proven wrong! I guess the more there are the better the technology gets! ;)

Was wondering if anyone has any useful input on any of the many new ammonia free permanent ranges now available? Persianista are you using chromatics? I'm dubious myself still, tried inoa first time round an hated it! ;)

Am exactly the same! Inoa as vile. Have said no to chromatics, I'm carrying 4 colour lines as it is, so not keen on buying another for the sake of it.

I'm using it at work....redken that is. I quite like it, very easy to mix because its just developer and the color (the oil is already in the peroxide) and the shades are pretty true to the chart. I find the grey coverage great on level 6 and below, above that and they're crap. Stick with cover fusion for full coverage on anything resistant or lighter. I find it a bit harder to spread, as in when I'm doing a full head application it doesn't seen to go as far as color fusion. I've tried pretty much everything in their range but still like to use my fav others hah.

Also, whilst its developing it looks kinda patchy sometimes but turns out lovely. Just getting used to the difference I guess.

Probably they do appear to be synergising ranges between Loreal, Redken & Matrix. Have you tried any? ;)

Yes...inoa! I tried it....washed it off colour was rank so applied new colour (majirel) whilst this was developing I went and scrapped all of inoa stock into a box and chucked it in the office for my old boss to return to loreal....It never went back!!

The salon shut down after I left! And everyone that used to go there now comes to me!! With dodgy inoa colours lol that I rectify with matrix!!

I'll slide off my soap box! X

Our paul mitchel rep said that the companys that are now ammonia free have simply replaced the ammonia with some thing else that will be just as damaging. Dont know how true that is but thats was he said. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Our paul mitchel rep said that the companys that are now ammonia free have simply replaced the ammonia with some thing else that will be just as damaging. Dont know how true that is but thats was he said. X

That So you y transfer to pm color!

That So you y transfer to pm color!

i dont understand lol.x Oh i i get it now stupid brain. X

The redken chromatics contains a protein repairing complex that strengthens as it colours, ammonia has been used in colours for a long long time so maybe it's due a modern change..... It's a lot better for your hair than ammonia but ity'll always have its downsides at the start. It works using an oil delivery system.... Google it cause it's hard to explain.

Hi
I just wanted to jump on here.
Organiccoloursystems.com or herbuk.com are a company that make (in the uk)ammonia free hair colour.
The range stretches from a wash in/semi right through to hi lift and definatly permanent colour.
It covers 100% grey resistant hair as well as a harsh ammonia based colour as it opens the hair shaft in a softer way rather than blowing it open with ammonia.
Been using it for 15 years now and would never ever use anything else.
x

They all use MEA instead it doesn't work as effectively so they use more, and it's only real upside is it doesn't smell! If you are allergic to the PPD you will still def have a reaction with these as they still contain PPD, and if you have a reaction to ammonia you may well also react to MEA!

Hi
Organiccoloursystems.com or herbuk.com are a company that make (in the uk)ammonia free hair colour.
The range stretches from a wash in/semi right through to hi lift and definatly permanent colour.
It covers 100% grey resistant hair as well as a harsh ammonia based colour as it opens the hair shaft in a softer way rather than blowing it open with ammonia.
x

I wonder why if it's that good then why has it not got a big name for itself or a big color house jumped on board. Maybe I'm just missing out never hearing of it

Hi
x

http://thebeautybrains.com/2008/03/26/the-colorful-secret-of-organic-hair-color/

Check out this blog!

Its in over 40 countries all over the world and has been for many years.
Rather than spend an absolute fortune on advertising they put the money into the products they make so the quality is the best standard.
My boss has just come back from 3 weeks in the states training salons over there.
Trust me,its definate:biggrin:ly heard of!

Maybe they should spend some $$$$ on marketing then :p

I could post here slagging off the colour houses you guys use for what they use in their products etc but i havent done that have i?
I know ive used this product for 15 years and i know whats in it and what it can do and a blog written by someone looking at the very basics of a product certainly isnt going to taint the product.
Just look at all the posts on here let alone all over the internet about big colour houses launching their so called natural colour ranges?Now if that were the case and they had launched what they percieve as the most natural option for the consumer why bother manufacturing the other stuff?
Im not getting into an argument here with anyone who wants to slate a product theyve NEVER used as ive never used alot of the prducts you probably use.
If someones going to post a question and i know the answer,thats what im going to do.Answer to the best of my knowledge so dont jump on me at every given opportunity.

I haven't started an argument... Just saying I personally had never heard of it and that it'd pay off for them to do more marketing if it's that good. Each to their own I say :)

Latest posts

Back