Annoyed about friends having discount on treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallysally

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Well I have only hot myself to blame on this one but I have had enough.When I started out I offered my 2 best friends 50% discount on nails however my one friend has been very respectful and always offers the full price and would never take advantage however my other friend always books in with her sister or other members of her family they all pay at the same time so end up giving them all half price as I feel too embarrassed to charge them differant prices.It is obviously now expected of me and I now feel like I have had enough.

How do I let them all know discount are now stopping as from July I want to charge everyone the same price as I feel my earnings are suffering with me been to soft.

I don't want to create issues but I feel like saying would you guys work for free just because you are friends with your bosses??

What shall I do??

Time to toughen up and tell them that from 1st july new prices will be implemented and will be for everyone no matter who they are. If you want to still offer a discount to first friend then do so but be discreet. As for the other friend just tell her its full price. You will soon learn if she is a true friend or not.

Agree ^. I have been in this same situation.
I sent out a very polite text to my friend just saying that discount was only meant for her but now it's unofficially been given to others and I was losing out. So to keep it all fair, as Smallandcute said, from a set date I stated I was gonna be charging X amount (set price) to everyone. I ended it with I hope you understand :)
And in all fairness she did and ive not had problems since.
Try it and if she doesn't like it then she's not a real friend. You don't take the mickey out of your friends. I'm sure she'd rather give u full price and you do her nails then a stranger?
I'd certainly rather pay my friend for something ️xx

I wouldn't talk about anything that's happened in the past, just take a deep breath and say "as from July in afraid I'm going to have to charge you all the going rate which is xx". Say it with a smile and don't negotiate. Don't offer a reason. Just state it. If they ask why, just say that you're paying insurances etc and it's all adding up.

Good luck x

Latest posts

Back