Annual price increase-do you have one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda Panda

Reaction score
As my title says do you have an annual price increase? Due to re location last year we didn't increase our prices as we didn't want our clients thinking they were paying for our move. I need to increase wages and thought this was a good way to do it, also our rent is up for renewal in May. Our spray tans have been £20 for the past 6 years.

I was in the same boat at the beginning of the year, having never increased my prices in 4 years I was a bit worried on clients reactions and to be honest I had nothing to worry about. Go for it x

I now do a small yearly increase in April and clients expect it. I find they are happier for treatments to go up £1 a year rather than a big increase every few years.

Thank you guys. I'm going to work out our prices as per the john and Mary thread xx

I will have been trading 2 years in July and need to do a price increase as all my costs have increased from wages to rent etc. my business cards have my prices on and they are on the verge of running out so need to get them printed with new prices and thinking of starting it from 1st August.
Not sure wether to put a sign up to inform clients in advance or not. I feel like other shops like clothes or food shops don't inform us if they put prices up so should I just go for it or is it more courteous to let clients know a month before? I'm only doing a small increase of £1-3 per service.

My prices are going up on around 10 April. I haven't told anyone although I may put a sign up tomorrow so all the regulars know.

I find that I get a bit stressy over it and say "just to let you know we're having a small price increase" ands my clients say "oh okay. I have no idea what you charge anyway". Don't you love clients like that lol x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I get a bit stressy over increasing my prices too.
I haven't had an increase for a while so I know my current pricing is rather low. On average % how much do you all add on when increasing prices? :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've stressed about price increases for years but I've found my solution.

I dont tell them now, just say "thats £24 today "(or whatever) ... If they question it (and nobody has ) i would just say, oh did i not say last time bla bla (and maybe let them off till next time)

I know itsnot very brave but it works. I dont need the stress x

Latest posts

Back